Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your family do a fun gift exchange? Our's does. This year there wasn't a theme, you just had to bring a nice gift valued at $15 or less. I was *THIS* close to bringing home $15 cash but my uncle "swapped" his present for it so I ended up with a Dairy Queen gift card and some candy! Oh well...at least I can indulge DS's request for ice cream a few times without having to spend my own money!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't do too well at those swap/exchanges...I get too attached too quickly to my gift and don't want to have to give it up :(

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We do one on my mom's side ($40 gift). This year I took a $30 Wal-Mart gift card along with two sets of no-slip hangers for one gift and a six pack of Corona with two limes and a $30 Publix gift card. We let DS and DD do our part of the swap. DD ended up with a set of Tommy Hilfiger sheets and DS got a Black and Decker drill. DH and I were both very happy with our gifts. I was so glad we did not end up with one of the knife sets two other relatives brought. I had just donated two full sets of knives to Goodwill. Some of the cool gifts others brought this year were a huge bottle of Crown Royal with $10, an extender thing to clean high ceilings, change light bulbs, etc..., a Shark steamer, and a portable electric air pump.

We call it "Dirty Santa" and is so much fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts