Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is REALLY into knitting. Besides the obvious gift certificate to the yarn store, what would be a gift idea for her? I'm looking for something in the $5-$10 range. :ponder:

I am only know learning to knit so I really would appreciate any suggestions!

·
2,688 Posts
Knitting needles.........patterns........books.....
you should be able to find some deals on ebay........
new and used items.

I have bunch of extra needles and patterns hopefully I can get up this week. I have pictures already took of some pattern books so they are ready to go. I can post in the barter trade section when I do get them up.

·
Registered
10,988 Posts

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
If she's a reader, the book Free Range Knitter by Staphanie Pearl McPhee is a lot of fun. She has other books, that's the only one I've read.

But I really like gift cards. Shopping for yarn is one the world's great recreations!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
If you don't know 'specifics' about what she uses for yarn and needles......I would go with the gift cert.

But........I also would rec. the book that dcompton said........I have read it and REALLY liked it.

Maybe the latest edition of a knitting magazine. Sometimes the subscriptions can be a bit pricey.

Do you sew? Make her a holder for her needles with a place mat.

Snoop around......and see what she 'really' wants....get her in a conversation and ask. Should be easy enough with you being a beginner........use that as an excuse.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Free knitting pattern central has many patterns you could print out. I did this for my mother who crochets (they have a crochet site also) and my grandmother is a knitter

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
sometimes when I knot or crochet my hands get really dry...maybe some sort of lotion? I am sure somehting could be found in yarn stores that ousn't leaves a residue on her work.

How about one of those fold up knitting basket/tote things?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.