Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in charge of my daughter's crafts for thier bi-weekly meetings. This is a group of fifth grade girls. Our budget is one dollar per girl per meeting. I am looking for any ideas for crafts that will engage these girls. We have eighteen girls. Thanks!

·
Registered
916 Posts
WAYYYYYY back when, I did DD1's GS troop. What we did was have the girls vote on a patch to work on for the next meeting (or 2 or 3....however in-depth you want to get) and then go from there. As long as you fufil the requirements, you can still do "extras" and that's where I got the ideas for the crafts.

$1 per girl is a pretty decent budget. Scour the craft stores for clearance & beg, plead, and borrow for everything else. :)

x-mas is coming...maybe you could do painted pinecone ornaments and take them to the local retirement/assisted living home........

OOOOH!! Or bake x-mas cookies & take THEM!

Simple blankets for babies of Katrina...or Afganistan. You can get cheap fabric for $1-2 a yard at walmart. Or call for donations of fabric....scraps from others.

What badges are your girls working on earning?

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's almost cookie time....you could sew simple totes for the girls to carry around the order info & pens, etc.

For sports, we made little bracelets with soccer ball beads.

Good grief! I can't believe this is all coming back to me. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jamee for the good ideas, we have about ten different badges marked right now that we want to do, next week we are working on the stress relief badge(I think that is what is called, don't have my badge book handy) so I'm getting as many shoe box as I can, so we can decorate them and then the girls are to place up 6 things that help them relax inside and so when they fell stressed they can take it out and hopefully learn how to calm themseves. I need one to!! The tote idea is wonderful I will have them do that for sure. Wal-mart always have a decent bargin bin, and maybe I can get them to give me even more of a break. We are also working on our community service badge and have decided to adopt one of our local senior homes, pine cone ornaments is also an idea I'm going to use. There is a jewerly badge we could do. I really appreciate your help!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts