Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out my kitchen cabinets this weekend and got to wondering...

Do you store your glassware upside down or right side up and why? I've seen it done both ways.

Most of mine are upside down except for decorative glasses or wine glasses, but these are kept in a seldom used glass front cabinet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I store mine upside down...I suppose it really doesn't matter considering how quickly we use them and the fact that they are in a cupboard...but it drains better if there is any left over liquid from washing???

·
27,948 Posts
Upside down to keep dust, dirt, fuzz whatever out of them. If they are "butt" heavy I may not because they will tip over,lol.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Upside down except wine glasses. Which is silly because if any glasses were to collect dust it probably would be the wine ones....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I store them right side up. They don't sit very long so I'm not worried about the dust, but even if I was, there's probably dust on the cupboard so I'm not sure there's a difference? I mean, the dust is going to slide around on the rim of the glass if it's upside down.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
right side up. never thougt about it?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Up, always. Even washed, smell the inside of your glasses that's been sitting..stinks. I can't stand that smell....... or it's my cupboards...
Upside down, always, and mine don't smell.

I have all cupboards lined with vinyl lino.....don't know if that helps or not. But sure love the easy clean up/wipe out part.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Upside down because my mom said it keeps the spiders out and I'm really afraid of spiders.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Both?

Regular glasses... Right side up, but we only have 5 of them. Mostly we use mugs instead, I got tired of replacing glasses, so I stopped buying them. The 5 (were 6) that we have came cheap in a lot of glassware from an antique auction. I won't replace them when they break.

The other glasses we have (wine glasses) are stored upside down in a rack;they're in the same cabinet as the booze and it makes better use of the space that way. It has nothing to do with a clean/dirty issue.

Judi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.