Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gnocchi

Recipe Description
Little potato dumplings and marinara sauce - both can be made and frozen for later use

As per the recipe, this makes eight portions, and each portion has 220 calories, 7 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, and 4.5 g total fat​
Preparation Steps:
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
1-2 hours total​
Ingredients:
SAUCE:
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
29 oz crushed tomatoes
2 t. basil
1/2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 t. pepper

GNOCCHI:
1 1/2 lbs small unpeeled russet potatoes
1 1/4 c. flour
1 T. butter
3/4 t. salt
1 egg​
Serves:
8 servings​
Directions:
1. Heat olive oil in a med saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 mins. Add crushed tomatoes, basi, sugar, 1/2 t. salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for at least one hour.

2. Scrub potatoes and boil until tender. Drain and cool slightly, then remove peels and mash well. Add flour, butter, 3/4 t. salt, and egg until soft dough forms. Transfer to a lightly covered cutting board and knead for a few minutes, until dough is smooth.

3. Start a large pot of boiling and salted water.

4. Roll dough into 3/4" thick tubes, then cut into 1" pieces. Drop pieces into boiling water and cook just until they rise to the top. Drain well and transfer to a serving dish.

5. Add sauce and enjoy​

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yum, sounds good. I like Gnocchi and it's been a long time since I had some. :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The marinara sauce was AWESOME, btw. :) I used some S&W crushed tomatoes with olive oil and basil in them already, so I didn't bother adding the basil (because I didn't have any).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts