Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be leaving Friday morning and not coming back home till Monday afternoon.

We're going 20 minutes across town, LOL We're going to the local RV park. We had already paid for the site(really cheap) back when dh was working full time. Dh bartered the work on the engine and the electrical on the RV. It's a 1977 Itasca, lol. But it's decent inside and when we get the pooper tank sealed it will be self contained. Dh is working on that now. But there are showers and toilets nearby in case it's not fixed. Can't run the stove cause there is a gas leak but we can use the electric skillet and the microwave and the small bbq grill.

We got a really pretty site and it even has grass and a picnic table. It's about 200 ft from the 7 acre lake and there is a swimming pool and a man made beach with firepits and umbrella seating areas. We can also fish in the lake.

We also found a 4 person inflatable raft w/oars in all this junk here so we can go on the lake when ever we want and don't have to worry about waiting in line for the Kyacks or Paddle Boats. There will be a live DJ on the beach almost all weekend and a live band (don't know who yet) on Saturday.

I'm going to cook a pork loin (on sale this week) in the crokpot on Thursday to take with us. I might even fry up some chicken to take. All the food will come from the freezer and the cabinets from home so we won't have to buy food.

I'm going on VACATION! Can you tell I'm excited?
:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's so great! :) Enjoy your vacation Carolyn! Sounds like you'll be having a good time. :heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sounds like you are going to have a lovely time!!!! Enjoy!!!:smball:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Have a wonderful time Carolyn, can't wait to hear all about it! :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I hope you have a wonderful vacation Carolyn!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Wonderful Darlene! Even a few miles away can make a vacation! I have a sister's who family had a RV at a park about 10 miles from there home where they spent the entire summer with the kids because of the lake.

Have a relaxing time, you deserve it!

Susie in MN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts