Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that I had back surgery in January for a herinated disc. I am a little put out with my surgeon and my pcp. I went to my pcp in December because i was having so much pain in my thoracic spine. So I had an MRI from the cervical to the lumbar. So my pcp sent me to a surgeon, who I thought was going to fix the thoracic, but he said that I would have to have the herniated disc fixed first. So I had the surgery, went back to get the staples out and that is when the surgeon told me that he didn't do thoracic spines. I was so angry, because my thoracic is why I went to the doctor in the first place and finding the herinated disc was just an extra. But I have managed to find a doctor at the hosptial that I work at that is willing to talk to me about my thoracic spine and hopefully he will feel that he can do the surgery. If he can't do the surgery that is required I have to go a speciality hospital in the Kansas City area that I don't know anything about. I have 2 vertebra in my back that are fractured and they are now flattening my spinal cord. The doctor that I will be seeing on Monday said that my condition is rare, especially for my size, (I am very tall and thin) and my injury was not caused by an accident of any kind. So everyone keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this doctor is the one I need and he feels that he can do my surgery. Blessings to all...Kathy

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I hope everything turns out fine and you hang in there, please keep us posted.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm so sorry you are in such pain and having such a hard time getting the help you need. I have a loved one who suffers with chronic back pain & know how this takes over your whole life. I'll be thinking good thoughts that you get the relief & healing you need.:hug2:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Argh...you must be so frustrated! I'm sorry the doctor was so negligent in telling you he didn't treat your condition. I hope you have a good surgery experience and your back heals well. :hugz: and prayers to you.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I hope your back getting to feeling better. I know back pain can hurt a lot. My DH had back surgery about 15 years ago.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't been around lately, but the spine doctor wants me to take the shots in the back first and if they don't work I will have to have another surgery. So my first injection is next Friday. I hope this works....thanks for keeping me your prayers...Blessings...Kathy

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I hope the shots work Kathy, I am so sorry you are still in pain. I have been wondering how you are doing, I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.:hug2:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I hope the shots work for you. Back pain is terrible, it can completely put you down. I have some bad discs in my neck and last year it put me in bed for a week. I had never had anything that had stopped me from working until that happened. It was sobering to say the least. I am self emplyed and if I don't work I don't get paid. It made me clean up my act though and I started to pay off bills as fast as I could. You take good health for granted until you don't have it anymore. Anyways....just wanted you to know that I'm hoping that the shots will do the trick.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I hope this works out for you. I am dealing with a herniated disc in my neck right now that I may need surgery for. It sounds like what you're dealing with is worse, so I feel for you.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I really hope the shots work for you. I will continue saying prayers for a speedy recovery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts