Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS#1 is having surgery tomorrow. He has to have his arm re broke, straightened and bone taken from his hip to fill in the gap on his arm and pins put in.

I am taking DS#2 and DD to my Mom and Dad's this afternoon, they will be staying with them for a few days. We will be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for Sick Kids Hospital, 2 hour drive, his surgery is scheduled for noon but I want to be there in lots of time. I will be staying with Kody overnight and praying that all will go well and that this time it'll all go fine. I have such confidence in this surgeon.

Hope everyone has a good week and I'll be checking back in on Friday.

Take care all..........:grouphug:

·
27,948 Posts
Poor kid.:( I hope he has a speedy recovery Heather. I'll be think ing of you guys. :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Heather, I will be keeping Kody in my prayers. I hope the surgery goes well. I will also think about you Heather. See you friday.:heartsm: :hugz:

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Heather you and your son will be in my prayers, hope it all goes well and he's up and outside playing real soon.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Big :hug2: Kody!!

Here is one for you too Heather :hugz:

I hope you have a safe trip and all goes well with the surgery.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Heather, Kody will be in my prayers. Have a safe trip. The surgeon will have Kody back to new. :angel:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and kindness. I have just got back from taking the kids to meet my Mom. My dd had big crocodile tears running down her face as they pulled away, she loves her grandma and grandpa dearly but is a Mommy's girl and misses me when we are apart. She has never stayed overnight without me. And guess who had the crocodile tears as I got out onto the highway.:cry: I like my babies home with me!!

Well, getting to bed early tonight for an early start tomorrow.

Thanks again ladies!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Awww...I hope this weeks goes quickly so that your dd can be with you this friday.:heartsm: I hope you get good rest and I wish you good day tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and your ds.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Poor guy ! I know he will be fine ! I hope he mends quickly ! {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} Kody and Heather !

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Heather, I am sending big :hug2: and prayers for you and your family. I will say a special prayer for your DS and ask God to speed his recovery and help make this operation go quickly and smoothly and that God will guide the medical staff.

You are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Katybird said:
Heather, I am sending big :hug2: and prayers for you and your family. I will say a special prayer for your DS and ask God to speed his recovery and help make this operation go quickly and smoothly and that God will guide the medical staff.

You are in my thoughts.
I couldn't have said it better :hugz: to you and the whole family

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Take care. I'll be thinking about you. Wishing him a quick recovery.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going to be away until Friday.....UPDATED!

We are home!!!! So glad to be back. The surgery was a success. Kody is VERY sore, his arm and his hip which is expected. He has to walk with a cane for now as it is too painful without it. We are to go back down next Tuesday for a followup appointment with the doctor to see if swelling has gone down and to put on a more permanent cast.

I was so pleased with the care Kody was given and all the wonderful doctors and nurses. They couldn't have been nicer. Very helpful and explained everything step by step making Kody and myself very comfortable.

It really is nice to be home again though back in our own beds and familiar surroundings. I so missed everyone being together. Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts!:angel2:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I missed this post when you first made it. I am so happy to hear that his surgery went well. :hug2:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Glad Kody came through ok. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Jeanna:smball:

·
27,948 Posts
Heather, glad things went well and he's on the mend. Also glad you were treated with kindness & respect.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts