Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I live in an apartment complex. Right now squirrels are able to get into the rafters. I get to hear them running around upstairs. I did call maintenance and unfortunately the lady is giving me the runaround. So I called the property manager for this place. Next I will be calling a person I know that seems to strike fear in the maintenance peoples hearts. Things all of a sudden get done. Guess what drives me up a wall was that I get to wait around with the place all messed up because I had to make room so they could get to the attic part. Unfortunately maintenance is more of a Laurel and Hardy team effort. And I am not looking forward to the little maintenance man that comes in yelling and screaming talking about stuff I really do not want to hear.

So thanks for listening.

·
19,119 Posts
Sorry you're going through this - venting does help!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
this little smilie reminds me of apt bldg maintenance men :scratch: i live in apt's also and i can't wait for them to leave as soon as they get there.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I pretty much cut the maintenance guy off when he started talking about how much he dislikes squirrels. All I could think of was so what, get on the roof and figure out where they are coming in from.

Seriously, the idiot maintenace person thinks it is enough to just put traps out back for the squirrels. He said that was all he could do right now. I am supposed to call him if I hear the squirrels over the weekend. I asked if anyone would be going on the roof to see where they are coming in from. He said yes someone COULD go on the roof to see where they are coming in from.

So I will be calling his boss next week to see where to go from here. Seriously, you could think squirrels running around in the rafters would be a big concern. Especially since more damage can be done not only by the squirrels but by the weather.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've also seen situations where i thought they owner would want to address it asap before anything worse happens, but no. So i now when i tell them about something, i tell myself well i told you if you dont deal with it then it is your problem..

·
27,948 Posts
Give 'em heck! And like you were saying they can do alot of damage and that entry point neds to be found and closed up. Lazy people who like to do shoddy work/no work, drive me nuts. Do it & do the job right.

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
459 Posts
Oh do I feel for you. We had new people move down below us and they blast there music so loud we can hear it and feel it through the floor. Our super quit so I am having a heck of a time getting the building owners to do anything.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well today I came home to find a note on my door stating they found hole where the squirrels were coming in and that they will be fixing it ASAP.

I am assuming someone went on the roof to figure it out but I really do not know. Guess it does help that I called the property manager about this. So will wait and see what happens. But will definately keep on it since snow will be coming soon.

Thanks for everyones support. Just gets frustrating when you know something should be done and someone just wants to complain and do completely nothing to fix the problem. This problem has been going on atleast since I moved to this apartment which is over two years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't stand dealing with apartment maintenance people, they never get anything done right, half the time I just dig through my toolbox and do it myself, although with critters I suppose it's a bit harder than that.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Glad it might be fixed. You would think it would be high priority so they don't destroy more! What dummies!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do enjoy living in this complex. It is just dealing with the maintenance people that drives me crazy. The last time I called was because my kitchen sink was leaking. So a maintenance person comes out and says it is fixed. He leaves and I inspect underneath the sink before I put everything back. I move the bucket I had under the sink and see a new puddle of water. The sink is still leaking. So I call the maintenance person back and tell him the sink is still leaking. I have to argue with him to get him back over. And finally he fixes the problem.

Thank god shows like Holmes on Homes is on tv. Even though I do not own a house I know enough to know when something is wrong.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I know what you mean--I lived in an apartment once where our overhead neighbors made love and I even could hear the sounds from both participants in the middle of the night !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.