Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are headed to Manassas Virginia just outside of DC for spring break the first few weeks of March anybody have any suggestion as to what we should go do or see any tips would be greatly appreciatated(sp)

·
Registered
426 Posts
well, for serious stuff there is the Holocost Museum. It'll really make you think.

Skip the Spy Museum. It's very dull and costs too much money. I think it was like $13 a person to go and just wasn't worth it.

The Smithsonian museums are very interesting.

You can spend hours around the Mall, lots of walking though so bring good shoes!!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I agree with the holocaust museum....it's very moving but not an uplifting sight to see. Also the spy museum was pretty cheesy in my humble opinion. The one thing that I wouldn't miss is the WWII memorial. It is beautiful.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANd we are headed up to Niagra Falls too! anyone ever been there? Do we need passports or can we stay on the USA side and see everything, I read on one website that we can have a Birth certificate and picture ID to get into Canada, what about kids? DO I need to go get them a picture ID?

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
ANd we are headed up to Niagra Falls too! anyone ever been there? Do we need passports or can we stay on the USA side and see everything, I read on one website that we can have a Birth certificate and picture ID to get into Canada, what about kids? DO I need to go get them a picture ID?
You do not need a passport to cross the border (yet - Jan 08 you will :( ). Your driver's license and birth certificate is enough for adults, birth certificates for children under 18. If both parents are not travelling with the children, you will need a letter of permission and/or custody agreements, etc.

I haven't been to the falls, but am told the Canadian side has a better view. Although I don't doubt that was a slightly biased opinion ;).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks so much!! we are staying on the canadian side at the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel...our room is facing the falls and I think it said we are 300ft from the falls....its gonna be so much fun!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts