Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to bug you with this stalker mess again but.... you guys are just all I have right now.

This morning he rode by my office as I was walking in and blared the horn at me several times. He was driving very slowly. I had been walking inside at the YMCA which is less than 1/2 mile from my office. I drove to the office. I was being careful and did not see his car anywhere. Obviously he was hiding and pulled out within a few cars of me. I can't believe I didn't see him. :mad:

Okay, I am sick on my stomach with fear. :puke: I am going to the police department again and see if someone will help me. If they would just go tell him to leave me alone it might help some. :fpunch: I honestly can't take much more. My nerves are fried and guess what, I am at work alone!!!!! :yikes: I will be here alone probably for the next 2 hours and then I leave at 2:00. I think I will lock the door even though that is not a good business thing. I am just too scared.

Please continue to pray for our safety and that I can get some help from the police. I am just going to be blunt and tell them that if I turn up dead, I hope they get the a** then!!! :weeping:

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I think another trip to the police is a good idea...and tell them just that.....Isn't it at all possible to get a restraining order? It seems to me like you more than qualify for one!!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mention sueing the police station in the event of your death...see if that does the trick! God forbid that were to actually happen!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some reason our police folks don't want to issue a restraining order unless you have had actual physical contact. Isn't the whole idea of a restraining order to prevent the contact? Oh well, I will give this another try. I have 6 episodes of unwanted verbal contact and/or following to report. Maybe that will do something. I am worried though - This will really make him madder at me and more voilent. Do I follow thru with this or chicken out??????

·
Registered
601 Posts
i would definately follow through with it, make him see that you mean business.....you are in my prayers.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Pat, I think you should go to them again. If they don't give you any kind of help, take down the names of everyone in the police department that you talk to and then go home and contact your congressman or congresswoman and your state senator. You will probably not be able to talk directly to them at first but be persistant, tell the assistant that you speak with the entire story with dates, times, location and names. They may be able to light a fire under the police chief that you are not able to alone. It is amazing how much response you get when you get a politician involved.

Good luck Pat and I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i went through something similar when my oldest dd's dad wouldnt leave me alone..though i'm not sure if your ex? has been violent mine was and verbally was just as scary. Yes i got a restraining order but the best advice i got was to call a crisis center and ask them what to do. That way there is an ongoing trail of you asking for help. All it really takes is for one person in law enforcement to listen..i wish you luck and my thoughts are with you...be safe

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
(Hugs) stay safe!!! Definitely go again. and again. I agree with mtjsmom. Get this stuff documented! Also contacting your congressman couldn't hurt! I will keep you in my prayers. :angel:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i got a restraingin order aginst my bil and he never was physically towards me, lots of threats and would fight his dad all the time. i still have it in effect, as he had made threats even still up to last week. so i am positive that you can get one even with out him actually hitting or physically attacking you. good luck and stay safe

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:hugz: Pat, I hope they help you this time.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You have to go!! Trust me when I say this...bug the hell out of the police, document everything - even names of the receptionist at the police - Everything is important!!!! Anytime and I mean ANYTIME you feel threatened call 911!!!! Do not hesitate. I know it may seem like I'm over reacting on this but it will get someones attention!!! They say they won't do anything or can't do anything now but if you start getting on their nerved they will do something. Be strong...don't show your fear to the stalker. They love that and I feel it keeps them going somewhat. Keep your guard up!! I wish you lived closer to me....so I could help you more. All I can do now is keep you in my prayers. Whatever you do...don't give in and like I said keep going to the police - call them everyday. I did and finally someone believed me!!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I really hate that they won't do anything unless the 'knife is at your throat' which is what I was told when I went running to them for help :(

But I agree with Daphne, just keep at it and document everything. Can you make police reports against him at least? That might help if this ever goes to court. Make sure to make a report each time he does this.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
The Police do not issue restraining orders, they must be issued by a judge ! Call a battered women's shelter or crisis center and they should put you in touch with a coart advocate that can help you file the proper papers and go with you to see the judge.....

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Cant you sue him for some sort of harrassment? At least that may document things and let him know that you are not just sitting there too scared to tell the authorities, You've told your SO and the police so at least your not living in fear of some one "finding out". Call the battered womens shelter. They WILL help you!

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I agree with everyone else. Call a shelter and they will definately help you. Please continue to document everything and stay on your guard! We are all thinking of you.

·
27,948 Posts
How did it go Pat? Thinking of you and wishing you safe harbor as you ride out this storm. :hugz:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm wondering too ! I am worried about you !

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Prayers and hugs for you..Don't let this go...go to the police again...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts