Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really doing lots of studying on vegetariasm and I'm determined to change my eating habits. On Monday, I plan on going vegetarian, with no meat, chicken or fish!! I want to work my way up to going completely vegan.

Although dh won't go for vegetariasm, he does like a lot of the vegetarian meals I've been making now for the past 6 months. So I will continue to meals that have less meat for him and the kids, although I'm sure dd will be happy to go meatless!!

Any tips will be helpful!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
No tips here... just some good luck wishes. :) Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Wow I am very happy for you!! Sounds like you have done your research and are on your way!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
How about trying to recruit him by 1 or 2 vegie meals a week, Just make sure to find ways to keep protein and calcuim in your diet!!! Good Luck

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Good for you CJ, you've done lots of research and if this is something you want to do, GO FOR IT!!!! You are going to have to share some of your recipes with us!!!:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
CJ do make sure you get enough protein and Calcium as Robin said. Also it may be an easier switch for dh if you begin adding soy to your meals, (they never can tell) I use either Boca Burgers or Morning Star(?) anyway it's in the green box & bag. When ds found out that's what he'd been eating he thought it tasted better than meat!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good for you Cj, you'll feel better, and smell better......:D (Meat eaters smell bad) Your budget will thank you !!!!!!!
We cut way back on meat, now if I could give up on the cheese.............. :toothy:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow, good for you! Your heart will thank you!! My only advise is to watch your dairy fat intake while you are still making the switch to vegan, make sure you choose lowfat dairy products. I read somewhere that cheese is fast becoming the number 1 source of fat in our diets, replacing meat. Keep us posted on your progress!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow Carolyn that's weird. I guess there are lots of ways to get to feeling great. When I was on Atkins, I fwelt so energetic and euphoric. I think about going back on it, It did such wonders on my dh's sugar levels, we have both fallen off of diets lately so much depression in the house and Atkins is costly, but it would be cheaper to go vegetarian, My dh was raised Seventh Day Adventist and they ate no meat as children and very little as teenagers. He still does not eat pork and shellfish. This would be an excellent way to cut $$ off my budget, but I think my family would go nuts.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'm not waiting until Monday. I've started today. I'll let you all know how it progresses and how I feel in a few weeks. I know that the money I used on meat will be going on veggies and fruits. One good thing about this is that everyone here likes bean dishes, especially chili and bean soup!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts