Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you NOT like about the south? The only thing I can think of is the high humidity and maybe the mosquitos. You?

·
Registered
814 Posts
we don't have humidity here........ the mosquitos are HORRIBLE though! UGH! and I also hate how any time it rains here, it's a flash-flood situation. EVERY time :(

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radish where are you?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Love the South. Yea we have humidity here in sw Virginia and skitters but I would not want to live anywhere else. Lived in Fla., Oregon, Las Vegas, WV and lived in northern Texas and own land in west Texas. But my family has been in Virginia since 1643 and here I love it. Its a give and take situation. Its a love it or leave it also. Gonna be planted here one day.

Barbara

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love the south....... Tennessee here! I was raised in the burbs of Chicago. I can say I would never go back! I can sit on my back deck and see deer, rabbits, wild turkeys, and even grey foxes. The summers take getting used to but it pays off in the winter months......I do not miss all that snow!

See if this link works...............this is what we saw Sunday from our deck, now i know what has been eating all the old table scraps......

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=69560670&albumID=0&imageID=6849804

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I love the south, even the heat and humidity, and deet takes care of the skeeters!

I wish Florida was the south, but it's not. It's the southernmost northern state. :(

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Uhmmm....I can honestly say TORNADOS!!!!! I guess if you grew up with them you don't think about them that much. We had hurricane warnings....but those came so far ahead of time they didn't seem scarey to me. These twister things....you could go to bed and singing Lullibys and wake up singing "I'm off to see the wizard.." Luckily they're not very frequent here.... but they do exisit.....and being from the north hubby and I were not bright enough to think basement when we bought (and now we're attached to our house)

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
The south is great. I love everything about it and would not ever want to live anywhere else.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I love the south, even the heat and humidity, and deet takes care of the skeeters!

I wish Florida was the south, but it's not. It's the southernmost northern state. :(

I don't know what part of Florida you are in, but around here we have parts that are more redneck/hillbilly than any other place, and some of the most Southern genteel-est (is that a word? LOL) people also. I'm in NE Florida.

I hate when people say Florida isn't "Southern" (not you in particular, just people in general) because most of them don't even live here and only think of Disney and Miami when they think Florida. I'm proud of my Southern heritage. :)

As far as what I hate about the south, I have to go with mosquitoes, humidity, heat. I loved living in Maryland for 18 months, I actually got to see seasons change LOL.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
My ancestors came to GA with an English Crown land grant, so being Southern is in my blood. That said, I hate the heat, humidity and gnats. The people however are wonderful and I wouldn't live any where else.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that I love the South and would never live anywhere else. Sari I was born in Inverness and lived there and Gainsville until I was 5 and then moved up here. I would love to visit Inverness again! Are you anywhere near there?

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I agree about Florida being the south, Sari! I live 17 miles from Inverness! We have alot of "good ole boys" around here! I guess I don't really dislike anything about the South, oh wait, just those big a$$ spiders!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
What do you NOT like about the south? The only thing I can think of is the high humidity and maybe the mosquitos. You?
Yep, high humidity and mosquitos! I grew up in Tennessee where we had high humidity and mosquitos, moved to northern Louisiana where the humidity is extremely high and the mosquitoes are bad here too.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree that I love the South and would never live anywhere else. Sari I was born in Inverness and lived there and Gainsville until I was 5 and then moved up here. I would love to visit Inverness again! Are you anywhere near there?
I'm in Jacksonville, which is about an 1.5 hours northeast of Gainesville. :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree about Florida being the south, Sari! I live 17 miles from Inverness! We have alot of "good ole boys" around here! I guess I don't really dislike anything about the South, oh wait, just those big a$$ spiders!
Oh yeah, I KNOW you've got some good ole boys down there LOL. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I live 17 miles from Inverness! QUOTE]

Baxjul, I was the first baby born in Citrus Memorial hospital there. A picture of the hospital is on my birth certificate which when I visted at age sixteen was now just the lobby! At the time I was also the only baby in the hospital so my mom can't use the "switched at birth" thing lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh and speaking of spiders.....

I used to work in daycare and was talking on the phone in the lobby when I saw a spider as big as my hand above the Coke machine. I let out an Oh my GOSH! and my boss came out. She says, you call that BIG? lol

·
Registered
565 Posts
I agree with the humidity(terrible!) and the skitters. Someone else said gnats. That's a pain too!
And tornados! For sure!
Can't think of anything else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts