Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our thrift has gotten overpriced and stopped the days when certain colors tags were half off , then they restarted it on half price day on sunday and monday .
needed some summer clothes for 11 yo
i like the shorts that are basketball style and the same fabric tops but sleeve less so you dont have to worry about wrinkles .

i got 4 pr of shorts ( 2 were NWT ) and 3 tops for under 12 $

also picked up a vintage nip punch embroidery kit i may sell on ebay since i am listing this week already to sell the sose5 i won .

also picked up 6 books 3 for me - one as a stocking stuffer and 2 for swap - they were 3 for 1$

there was a line waiting to get in when i got there , i could pick out the re-sellers pretty easily lol

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
398 Posts
Really good deals! I don't even bother with the thrift stores any more. The ones around here are just overpriced. I do better at regular stores for clearance. I used to do so well at the thrift stores. Miss those days!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i buy off season i can do better with clearance than the thrift most times ,sadly though may is not off season for summer stuff and i missed the good clearance deals on summer last fall .

i think my bargain angel was on my side i was in same thrift a week before on non 1/2 price day and didnt even see anything i would have bought at 1/2 price .

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Once a year a church near me has their yard sale. They let you fill a plastic grocery bag with clothes for $2.00. I bought:
~size 7 mini boden skirt
~size 7 quicksilver jeans
~size 7 arizona jeans capris
~size10/12 hooded fleece zip up jacket
~ women's blouse
~women's hawaiian style shirt, to make American Girl Doll dress and keep the buttons

Then I bought a pair of columbia snow boots for dgs for $2.00 and a brand new paint your own bobble head craft kit for my niece for $2.00.

Going to other yard sales that day kinda stunk, I thought the prices were too high.

·
8,714 Posts
~Good deals!
It really is a shame though that thrifts all run "sales". It's really ridiculous when you think about it. The thrift shops got the items for free so any money they collect is is good for them. Are they afraid people won't buy enough to support the store and workers without big sales? I think people will buy more if they marked things at the lowest "sale" price as an everyday price. $3 jeans? $2 tops? $5 dresses? I'm there! But then again, regular sales pitches don't work on me. Maybe they're working on other people and they buy 3X as much when the word "sale" is attached.~

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Congratulations! Good deals...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
popped in good will today got a short sleeve scrub jacket for 3,99.

as far as the sales well i think that they think if they make different color tags on diff days be 1/2 price then you come back more often and they hope find more to buy .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new here! And new to thrift shopping as well. Yesterday I bought 3 items for $1.42!! (green ticket items for 75% off) I bought a nice OshKosh plaid long sleeve shirt (for upcoming holiday season) and 2 Circo t-shirts. I do shop retail but I have a messy toddler and it bugs me when he stains his shirts LOL...but I figure if I only pay a quarter or so for the shirt, it won't bother me if he messes them up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts