Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we went to Close on the new house we are buying. After we went and got some blinds and shelves and stuff to put in the house. Everything was going great. We headed for home. We were probally 12 min from home when this deer jumps right out in front of the van. Thank goodness that DH was driving. This is the second deer we have hit within a yr. It was exactly this time last yr that we hit another one.It once again tore it up bad enough that it is not drivable. It will be a month before it will be fixed. We are moving this Saturday and I don't have any rental insurace on it because we have two other vehicles, so I figured that if something happened we still had an extra. The only problem with the other vehicles are they are trucks. We have a little nissian pickup and a full size Chevy pick up that is very road wild. Not to mention that the Nissian is a stick shift and I don't know how to drive it. We have three kids to haul around and there are only three seat belts in the Chevy truck. My father in law has let us have his truck to use for a little while but it is the same problem three seat belts it is just not as road wild as our truck. So I guess that we will just have to take two vehicles if we want to go anywhere together. We were planning on going together alot because I don't know very much about the place we are moving and he know more about how to get around. Not to mention that now on top of our new mortgage payment we get to pay the $500 dectubable to the incurance CO. OH Well, at least we are all safe and the kids wasn't with us when it happened. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thank goodness you're both okay. Don't allow this accident to get you down. Enjoy all the wonderful things you have going on right now.
CONGRATS on your new home. How exciting. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Also, once the van is fixed I would add the rental insurance to your policy. We just added it to our policy (I thought we had always had it) and it's very inexpensive. We have USAA and it runs less than $20 per year. Well worth it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have USAA also. They are awsome. I am for sure getting the rental and towing after this.

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry for your troubles, I've never hit a deer & hope not to. Dd has hit 2 & killed them & she & the cars were fine both times. Whatever car she drives we call it the terminator.
Congrats on the closing!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:hugz: hope things work out better for you once you get moved.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so sorry that happend and put one of your vehicles out of use. I hit a deer once and I was in the car when my dad hit one. It's scary, I am gald you and your husband are okay and that the children weren't there with you at the time. I hope you are able to work out the vehicle situation.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am sorry this happened to you but keep your head up and congrats on the new home :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I agree with the others, but also suggest you install a deer whistle on your van this time. Maybe you could avoid a future accident. Just a thought. Glad you are all right and congrats on your new house.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Darlene - " Whatever car she drives we call it the terminator."

Gee, what are you trying to say Darlene? LOL! *HINT HINT HINT!*

Kabin63 - do those deer whistles really work?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hugs to you, what a wide range of emotions n stresses you have goin' on right now!! All the great, exciting things about your new home, the stressors of moving and now the accident--mercy! So glad y'all weren't hurt!
Thankfully your 'good stuff' is bigger than the 'not-so-good-stuff'--shake it off and move forward, girl, you can do it!

More hugs!

~~

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sorry to hear about your auto accident but I am happy that you and your family are all ok. Congratulations on the new house. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Congrats on the new house! I'm sorry the day turned bad for you...hopefully the van can be fixed soon.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I am also curious if those deer whistles really work? Is it loud, or almost silent like a dog whistle? And does it affect dogs or other animals in any way?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hope that the repairs are quick, and I'm glad you are all alright.

Strange question --- In your post you say that you have 3 children, but in your signature line, it seems you have 4 children. Just wondering:loop:

·
Registered
848 Posts
:surprise: I'm so glad to hear you guys are okay though! That is rough, I'm sorry. Big hugs!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts