Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I stopped into Dollar Tree and found that they had name brand Womens & mens deordorant in the BIG sizes, and BIG size name brand (one of the newer types of toothpaste) toothpaste, and loreal hair conditioner.

They also had spray bottles of comet cleaner & bottles of spic and span. I passed on those because of Asthma, but they are reall good deal if you buy that kind of stuff.

I was just at Cvs today and saw the same women's deodorant, same size for $4.59 the Mens was even higher. The toothpaste was almost $4 and the loreal hair conditioner was $3.99. Worth the trip to stock up on these items.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Polly,
I love the Dollar Tree! It is often surprising what you can find there I always take time and really look because they have some great bargains. Be sure to check out the books too, they have many best seller books there all the time. I buy all my hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, dryer sheets, deordorant, and many more there as the price any value is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I love the Dollar Tree too. Our closest dollar store is a Dollar King. I hate that store. Things are different prices and the selection is terrible. When I visit my sister or shop in the next county over I hit the Dollar Tree.

·
Registered
270 Posts
the last time I went there they had large bottles of healing garden and calgon body sprays. I notice though not all stores always have the same items

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm thinking I'll add a trip to the Dollar Tree next weekend after pay day. I have actually found some really nice serving dishes there. Thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking of heading there tomorrow afternoon to pick up some containers to hold my seedlings. Adding more to my list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DOLLAR TREE IS GREAT FOR SCHOOL OR GIRL SCOUT ACTIVITES. I GO AT LEAST TWICE A MONTH. I ALSO FIND LOTS OF STICKERS AND COLORING BOOKS, SUMMER IS COMING AND THEY WILL HAVE CHALK AND BUBBLES AND OTHER GREAT OUTDOOR FUN ITEMS. :hug2:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dollar Tree is such a fun place to shop.

·
Registered
60 Posts
LOL! When I was a teen I would go to Montreal and their Dollar stores are a dream come true. I bought some lovely little green soup bowls that came in packs of two for my own home one day. Now I have an apartment and I just smile every time I see them in my cabinet.

Sadly, I can't say much for the dollar store in my area. Things are actually pretty pricey for what they're offering. And they don't offer many useful items either, just ugly little knick knacks that take up space on the mantle.

I'm a school teacher, so I go there to buy things for my "prize bag" of perfect homework turn-ins, etc.

·
Registered
414 Posts
here in Tacoma Washington they have Fiber One granola bars, these are usually much more than a dollar in this area...

·
19,119 Posts
envy rears its ugly head...

I cannot wait to go to the mainland to check out the Dollar Tree stores - or any Dollar stores!! Know I will have to make sure that I have extra room - lots of it - in my luggage.

Years ago when we were visit Cape Cod, Mass. I brought home in my luggage a case of albacore white meat tuna because we had none on Maui. My husband thought I was crazy.

Enjoy your Dollar stores!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I love the Dollar Tree/Dollar Store here! I buy almost all my HBA there and things like TP, papertowels, dishsoap etc!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
WOW Polly! I really gotta get up there. It's been a good long time since I've been. The deodorants alone will be worth going for. I can't get that even with the best sale and coupons. Thanks for the tip! Can I ask what brand deo. was the men's. Getting low on those.

When I was a teenager, they had $.69 cent stores in Manhattan that I loved. Well they sorta disappeared for a long time, and now we got the great Dollar Trees. And yes, some are better than others. When we went to St. Augustine the store there was HUGE with sooo many nice things, I could've spent $100 that day! We have 2 here locally. The one in our mall is nicest and about 4 times the size of the other.

I remember one time getting real crystal stemware and matching glasses. Those glasses sold for $20 a 4-pack in the dept. store. Needless to say, that was one item I wasn't passing up!

It's no wonder the reports in the papers mentioned them doing about 13% higher sales than projected. They won't be going outta business anytime soon.

Theresa :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Family Dollar is good to, everything I don't get at the Dollar Store I get from Family Dollar! I just bought an 8 pack of paper towels for $5.00!!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
I love Dollar Tree. It makes such a big difference in my shopping tendencies. I love that place!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts