Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, have you ever noticed when you get really down in the dumps about how you're feeling, or how you're doing -----someone comes along that makes you see that you could be doing worse... and be thankful for at least what you do have.

Well my dh's mother (is real mother) is 58 years old and really hasnt got much to show for it, she lives alone, is a waitress (nothing against waitressing, I have done it before) but she doesn't really make enough to live... She rents a single wide trailor and just barely can pay the rent, etc.

Well anyway she let it slip last week that she doesn't even have money to buy food---well I do have a stock pile that I have started ---SO HERE IS WHAT I WAS ABLE TO PUT IN A BAG FOR HER AND DELIVER WITH A :) (by the way most of it was FREE or almost FREE when I got it) I put a note beside the items that were FREE so you'll know

Mr Clean **FREE**
Comet **FREE**
Dawn
Plug in Refills
Aluminum Foil **FREE**
12 pk toilet paper
1 roll Bounty
Fantastik **FREE**
Downy **FREE**
Brillo Pads **FREE**
2 Secret deodorants **FREE**
Ban deodorant **FREE**
Pepsodent **FREE**
Colgate toothpaste **FREE**
Tylenol
2 pks saltines
2 Diet Dr Pepper (2 liters)
1/2 gallon milk
sour cream
2 lbs ground beef **39 cents**
shredded cheese
bologna (1.24 cents)
Dole fruit cups
Spam
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans **FREE**
3 cans peas **27 cents each**
Its Pasta Anytime **99 cents**
taco shells
taco sauce **49 cents**
ketchup **FREE**
mustard
pickles **18 cents**
beef stew
spahetti noodles **FREE**
2 packs saltine crackers
Lipton noodles
White lily muffin mix **FREE**
Jiffy corn muffin mix **25 cents*
Macaroni noodles
Shower to shower **50 cents**
2 cans pork n beans

SHE WAS HAPPY INDEED to get all of these things ----and it made me happy, even if just for a second to be able to give it to her

:dancing: :dancing::)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That was very kind of you Vickie !!!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
What a wonderful gift to give Vickie. You are her angel.:angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
How very sweet Vickie. Remember what goes around comes around!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
It is so nice that you were able to share with her. My husbands real mother is in a similar situation, however, she is in Florida and we are in PA so it is really hard to help her in that way. It makes you feel so good when you are able to help someone.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Vickie, that was such a kind act. I am sure she appreciated it very much. I always believe that you reap what you sow, and kind acts sent out always come back tenfold. :D

You are an angel :angel2: .

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Wonderful, Vicki!! I've been there, too! We all know that making ends meet can get real tricky at times and being able to help someone else is a wonderful feeling!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
WTG, girl! I love to be able to help someone out once in awhile. I always donate to the food drives, but I have af riend who has four kids and is a single mom, so she is my "project". If I have extra stuff, I make sure she gets it. For example, she watches my kids on days my sis and I can't trade ( I pay her--NO freebieslike many of her friends are always trying to get out of her). I know it's the end of the month and her food stamps are getting low, so I sent over bologna and bread for everyone to eat. It's not much, but if you don't have the money, it CAN make a difference. Fortunately, our free meal program at school has started (now to August 1) and she can feed the kids two nutritious meals a day for FREE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts