Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car payment is through a bank in Wisconsin and it's due on the last day of the month. Usually mail my payment a couple of days before since it's got the 15 day grace period. All of a sudden, it's March 28 and I cannot find my payment book anywhere. Finally I break down tonight and call to schedule a payment. The lady explained to me that because I have paid so much extra that I am a full month ahead of schedule and that if I make a payment over the phone there would be a 10$ fee. Totally cool of her to tell me that because I'll just mail in the payment and save the fee. Plus, I found out I'm a month ahead! YAYA ME!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congrats on being ahead on your car payment!:thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great news! It's nice to have some breathing room isnt it?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
that is awesome! but it irks me that we have to pay extra for a company to take our money. our car payment is the same way an extra 9.99 for them to take our money.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just thrilled that she told me there would have been a fee. I was freaking out thinking if I didn't pay it, I would have had a late fee, plus then I'd have to worry about universal default cluase and all that. She explained that we were a month ahead and then told me about the fee. I took it as her way of saying, you are okay, don't spend the extra money, just mail in a check,

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Congrats on being ahead, WTG!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
What a nice feeling, huh? :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
You had a wonderful customer service rep. I am glad she took the time to explain it to you. Now you can relax, and just mail in your payment without stress.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Great news! But just an FYI (and something I found out the hard way) it doesn't sound like your extra payments are going toward the principal(ple?).

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's great that you are ahead with your car payments :).

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I just came to the realization that my extra $ isn't going to principal. I just assumed that since at my bank any extra money above the loan payment goes to principal. I am not including notes that say that when I mail my payments now.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That was great customer service. Kudos to you for being a month ahead too. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts