Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning ladies...I am sooooooo happy right now. I have found an apartment that is in my daughters school district. It is on the first floor with alot ammendies that I do not have now. I know the owner personally ( he is my brother's boss). I did not have to fill out an application or give him a security deposit. I also can move in anytime I want. I am so relieved and happy to have a way out.

Now the next step is to find that full time job with bennies. Subbing ends this week, so pay is going to be cut soon. My other problem is that I will also have no car. Since my soon to be ex has made sure that I didn't have access to any of the cars that "he" owns. Right now I am using my MIL's car. I just hope that I can be approved for a car loan since my credit has fallen into a major hole. Please continue to pray for my family.

·
27,948 Posts
Hang in there! Love how things are looking up for you. :tay:
Hope karma comes and takes a big ole bite outa you know who.;)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
oh I'm so happy for you!!!! I'm in a similar situation -I understand! Lets hang in there -Don't give up!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kitchen is huge with way more counter space and cabinettes then I ever had. I can bring my own stove instead of using the one there. I currently have a glass top and love it. I never had a garbage dissposal. I have hook ups for my washer and dryer in the huge bathroom. The tubs actually holds water...did anyone say bubble bath:bath: whoo hoo. Since I am on the first floor with my own private entrance, I have access to the backyard. I am welcome to bring by patio set and grill. It is his grill but he has never used it.

There is only one other appartment upstairs. I do not know who lives there yet. I hope they are nice. We both have are own private driveways and parking.

The master bedroom has french doors off the livingroom. The windows are all energy efficient tilt in ones with miniblinds allready there. I can put flower pots on the steps since I am the only one using them.

I could go on and on. Please keep in mind my next two big concerns. A job and a car. I pray that the Lord will provide.

Thank you ladies for your support.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
A step in the right direction!! good luck, and I bet it's only good from here on!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hang in there! Love how things are looking up for you. :tay:
Hope karma comes and takes a big ole bite outa you know who.;)
Thank you for making me have a good laugh. I'll take all the laughs I can get right now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LynnLC... I don't know what you are going through, but I wish you the best of luck. We can both hang in there together.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is great news!! I am glad you found something for you and your children. I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
wonderful news! :)

are you in walking distance from anything? maybe you could find a job in walking distance for the summer & save for a hefty down payment on a car before school starts again?

just a thought - Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Sending good vibes and hugs. Praying that you continue to receive blessings!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
So glad to hear things are working out. Was getting a little concerned as we had not heard from you. Will you have internet access at the new place? Best wishes!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So glad to hear things are working out. Was getting a little concerned as we had not heard from you. Will you have internet access at the new place? Best wishes!!
I hope to have internet there too. I have it through my cable system. I just hope I will be able to afford it. I don't drink or smoke. I will be doing all cooking from home. I really won't have any splurges. I would hate to lose this connection to you ladies and everything else having the internet provides my daughter and I.

claimsgirl66...I guess I hadn't realized you lived in Maine too. Thank you for your concern.

Blumpett...There is a little grocery store that is walking distance to the apartment that I could try to find work. My other job is great but I am only making minimum wage. It is also 10 miles away. I might as well be making minimum wage closer to home without worring about a car.

I have an interview today at 9:30 for the secretaries job at my daughters current school. One of the schools that I sub at. The secretary that is there now is a friend of mine. She told me she was leaving before anyone else. She also said that she would recommend me for the position. The problem is that I know 5 other people have also applied. One already works there as a Social Services Secretary and is a very good candidate for the position. I need this position sooo badly. It would be a perfect fit in my life right now.

Please keep my family in your prayers.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is great news about the apartment. I am sending lots of good wishes for you to get the secretarial position at your daughters school. :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Homekeepn...So happy for you!!! French doors!!!! I'm jealous! I too just got a new apt. after leaving my ex. ( haven't had my own place in 13 years!!!) I am so excited & a little scared about it! I ,like you, are happy to have a place of joy... I can now put some nice potted plants at my entrance too! It's the little things in life now after such a rotten way of life before!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sounds like things are coming together a little bit more each day!

Maybe "basic" cable with the internet may be an option for the first few months?? If there is a library near you maybe they have some DVDs for entertainment....listen to me, this is the frugal village, duh.

Anyway, sounds like a fresh start for you & the kids. The good news it is yard sale season so if you need any odds and ends for the new place.....there might be some good deals.

Sending out good wishes to you for the job! I will throw in a "you go girl" for good measure!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good evening ladies....It will be only my daughter and myself living in the apartment. The owner called me earlier to ask if I still wanted the apartment since he hadn't heard from me in a day and a half. He would like me to start paying (renting it) tomorrow the 15th. I wasn't ready to do it this weekend. My daughter is having her 8th grade promotion tomorrow and her semi dance on Saturday. Then I have to work on Sunday. I was hoping to move next weekend.

I think the only cable option I would have is the more expensive digital to maintain the internet. I maybe mistaken and need to get more information about that.

There is a small grocery store down the road from the apartment that I could try and find work at. At least I could walk there. I am hoping too that I could hold a yard sale for all of the stuff that I no longer need to raise some money.

My interview went well, I think. I it is down to me and three other people. If I passed the test then I will be interviewed by the superintendant. I need this sooo badly.

Well it is getting late. Good night.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Homekeepn...So happy for you!!! French doors!!!! I'm jealous! I too just got a new apt. after leaving my ex. ( haven't had my own place in 13 years!!!) I am so excited & a little scared about it! I ,like you, are happy to have a place of joy... I can now put some nice potted plants at my entrance too! It's the little things in life now after such a rotten way of life before!
Lynn... Good for you. This is exciting and scary. I am glad that you are getting out too. Do you have kids? I wish you the best of luck with your new life. You live in Boston? My favorite city. I head down there sometimes on the train. Take care and have a peaceful night. I will take with you soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts