Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. I found a pressure canner at a thrift store here for $15. All parts and directions.
I'll have to cut the budget for that but I figured it was something that will pay off in the end. In utility bills for canning if nothing else.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
It was a great deal kita! You will save so much using it. Have fun with your new appliance! :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That is a fantastic price, you can always get it checked for pressure at your local Cooperative extension. Great job, enjoy canning!

Reactions: kita

·
2,688 Posts
Good deal....happy canning :)

I just picked up a old Presto # 7 the other day at the RM.
It was a real bargain at at $ 3.99 .
I know I can go online and buy parts if I need them.
I am going to have this one checked out at the co-op, because the dial guage has a crack in it. It will also need a new gasket. I probably will resell this canner.

I have another one here that needs a couple of parts I also picked up for under $ 5. I figured a few parts is a lot cheaper than what new is going for. Again I bought this one for resale.

My regular canning canner is one I bought like 30 yrs ago at a garage sale. That was a $ 5 bargain. And I still have my mom's canner. I use that once in a great while. I have a problem finding gaskets for it.

I am a magnet for old canners. I like them :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yep great deal. The main thing to check is the rubber seal. But you can get those at walmart or on line for around $4.99

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.