Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have probably thought of doing this......today, I called the major Goodwill office in my area to find out what happens to all of the clothing that has been donated,but is not fit for resale(holey jeans,torn shirts). The man told me that they usually just bundle it up into 1000# bundles & sell them, or they make rags & sell them....this happens also to clothing that has been on the racks for only 5 weeks & doesn't sell.
Anyway, I asked him if it would be possible for the workers to set aside certain types of clothing for me..like denim, plaid flannel & velvet & I would like to pay for the castoffs. He said that would be just fine with him & he would let me have the scraps for .26 cents a pound. I thought that my fellow quilters would like this info...its a cheap way to build up your scrap stash:)...Not to mention that some of the clothing might be in good condition if it "just didn't sell in 5 weeks".

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That's cool! My friend takes anything in the way of clothes they're offering on freecycle for quilting and crafting. There's one lady who used to live here who would take adult freecycle stuff and remake them for her kids. Heck, who knows, you might like some of those castoffs, and end up wearing them instead!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts