Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I stopped by the Goodwill today. I have not been in such a long time, there price have gone up. Well to my suprise. they are trying a new promotion. They have inserted different colored plastic tags into their clothes and each week one color is picked coupled with half off. The sale will last for a whole week. Today was the last day for this sale(which was a red tag week). Mayb Good will is starting to come aboard with other Goodwills. Lets hope this last.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
That is what ours does all the time. The color tag that is on sale is the one on the things that have been in there for a while.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ours has been doing that for a number of years.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'll check with ours next time I go in.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They do that back home in Ohio and in Washington. They don't do it here in Monterey though, and I don't think they do it in Illinois either. Must be regional.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
They have been doing that here for at least 3 years that i know of.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Today I stopped by the Goodwill today. I have not been in such a long time, there price have gone up. Well to my suprise. they are trying a new promotion. They have inserted different colored plastic tags into their clothes and each week one color is picked coupled with half off. The sale will last for a whole week. Today was the last day for this sale(which was a red tag week). Mayb Good will is starting to come aboard with other Goodwills. Lets hope this last.
So, did you get some deals?

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I've never seen ours do that but I wish they would!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Wish ours would do that!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They do that in CT, too, but it's never the good stuff that's 50% off.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
they don't do that at my local GW boutique. It would be nice!

·
8,714 Posts
~Our Goodwill started doing this when they moved to a bigger building. Maybe they had so much stuff they needed to keep it flowing out?
Before they offered promotions for $ off on $20 and up purchases. I like the 50% off tags much better.
I've only bought full priced used stuff there a few times. Everything is marked so high! It just stings to spend $10 for used jeans. :/ ~

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Our Goodwill also has a certain color tag on 50% off each week. They tag the clothes when they come in with a number week of the year. ie 52 weeks on a year. after something has been then for 4 or 5 weeks it's color tag is 50% off. After that week any in the color are removed from the shelf and sent away.

At my Goodwill they do not separate out the 50% color of the week out from the rest of the clothing so you do see all the newer things while looking for the 50% off deals.

·
Registered
742 Posts
All the goodwill's have been to have done that. I thought it was standard practice. Our St Vincent de Paul's and Value Village also does that.
I love it, especially for kids clothes and toys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Our Goodwills here (we have three in town) do the same thing - they have two colors of the week - one is 50%, and then the following week, the 50% color is $1 and there is a new 50% off color. Our Goodwills change the colors of the week on Sunday, which is always the busiest day to go. A lot of times I'll wait and go on Monday mornings to avoid the crowds, and I still find lots of good stuff.

The salvation army in town does a similar thing on Wednesdays - on that day every color except the color that they are using that week is 50% off.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've asked here and GW doesn't do anything. I'm pretty sure that SA does have sales on certain days. They use the color tag system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
we have something like that in Mid Tn. We have the color of the week that is 50% off and changes every sunday. On Wed. the color of the week is .99. On sunday the new color is posted for the week and the old color goes .99 again. I go just about every wed. to see if there is anything I need.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts