Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at our local goodwill today on a whim. Did not really have the time but I made time to just stop and see what they had (I LOVE these whims- they pay off!).

After looking in the shelf odd and ends area, there sitting on the shelf brand new in box (unopened!) sat the new Ultimate Easy Bake oven with a bonus four mixes for $15!!! Meanwhile I have this thing on layaway for the marked down priced matched price of $34.88! When the kids go back to school on Tuesday I will check it out better to see if it is complete and working!

A few weeks earlier I found Kit's bed frame from American Girl (the only American Girl item I ever found toy wise at Goodwill) for $3.95! I did have to buy the bedding and mattress from someone (only had to pay an extra $35) so for under $40 I have a complete American Girl bed for her as well!

·
Super Moderator
19,916 Posts
I saw someone make a huge Christmas score today at our Goodwill. She picked up seven dolls in like-new condition, all with elaborate and beautiful hand-crocheted outfits, for $5 each. Amazing score! She was ecstatic and it was easy to see why. It's almost as much fun to see someone else score big as to score big myself!

I did pick up a Christmas gift myself, though not as big a score as yours or as the woman with the dolls, of course. My mom got a new cat a few weeks ago and I've been wanting to find something for the new kitty for Christmas without spending a wad of money, of course. So today I happened to find a like-new kitty scratcher, one of the arch style ones. Our cats have one similar and enjoy it, so I'm hoping Mom's kitty will like this one. I only paid $2, so I was happy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: just to make sure, I opened the box and there was only 1 mix package missing from the set (that's okay because it was supposed to give 4 extra mixes), and the instructions for it.

I did try out the oven, just to make sure it worked and it does!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Update: just to make sure, I opened the box and there was only 1 mix package missing from the set (that's okay because it was supposed to give 4 extra mixes), and the instructions for it.

I did try out the oven, just to make sure it worked and it does!
That is so nice to hear

Thought you might like these easy bake recipes
http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/sesame/177/ezbkrecipe.html

My favorite
Quick Cake

2 tablespoons commercial cake mix
1 Tb Water

Preheat Easy Bake Oven 15 minutes

Mix cake mix and water (use only enough to make a cake batter consistency). Place in greased toy cake pan.

Bake for 10 minutes.

http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/sesame/177/qkcake.html

Reactions: steelergal

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great finds ladies!! Glad the oven works!! :)

I want to stop by Goodwill today so hopefully I will find some killed deals too! :D

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
So glad the oven works , what a sweet score. Hugs to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts