·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was me and my sister's weekly Goodwill trip. :) I found"

A Butterfly Lamp for DD 1.99
A Cookie Cookbook .99
A Scrapbook (beautiful and the pages are made from recycled paper) .99
A really cool cookbook called "The Starving Students Cookbook: EZ Cooking for the College Student Who's Short on Time & Short on Money." .59

The best deal I got though is something I have been hunting for :) I bought both of my kids dressers at Toys R Us for $100 each. They are junk. The bottom keeps falling out of the drawers and some of the drawers are falling apart. I have been looking for a dresser and found one last night. It is made of wood and has dovetail joints. A man there who claimed to be a "furniture man" said it was very well made. Only problem with it is it has been painted bright blue, red, yellow, etc. We will repaint it. I got it for 39.99

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You found great things. Way to go with that dresser! I am sure you can make it look really nice with some different paint.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Way to go I love Goodwill today i found bcbg sweatsuit for $6:00 wow I go as often as I can.I sell the things i can't use on ebay it realy helps Last wekk I bought a Juicy Coutot hoooded for $ 41.00 I bought for $ 4.00 I LOVE EBAY

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Way to go I love Goodwill today i found bcbg sweatsuit for $6:00 wow I go as often as I can.I sell the things i can't use on ebay it realy helps Last wekk I bought a Juicy Coutot hoooded for $ 41.00 I bought for $ 4.00 I LOVE EBAY
How do you know what clothes will sell on ebay? I'd like to try that but I don't go shopping enough for clothes to know what's the current thing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey kaykwilts,I have 3 older daughters 22,19,18 and they let me know what is hot.Inside information.LOL Just to let anyone know that is listing on ebay right now crocs are hot and name brand short

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good JOB! I hit my Goodwills on Monday too(great minds think alike).:wave2: I scored a bunch of shirts for my dd #1 and ds #1, a great sweater for dd #1, brand new stuffed animals for all the kids, a stuffed bunny for the easter baskets, cute little ceramic rabbits for a rabbit swap I'm in, a booster seat for dd #2, a nativity set, and a few other things I can't remember.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I wish I could re-sell more Goodwill clothes on eBay but our Goodwill sucks for clothes. Now Plato's Closet is a name-brand goldmine, but also costs more.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You got some great deals. Last week when I went I found a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt and two pairs of name brand jeans for my son. He is very picky and I almost put them back. I also got four seat cushions for my kitchen chairs and a nice sweater. When my son saw the stuff I got for him he was very happy. Whew. Sometimes its hard to pick things for a 19 year old.
My son said mom do you realize this shirt is $70 in a store and I said well I only paid $1.09. So your gain kid.
My mom and I are going this saturday.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I decided today that I needed a pair of "Spring" shoes to match the pretty Liz Claiborne skirt I got from Freecycle. I went to Payless and found a pair of white wedge sandals for $19.99. (They were okay, but I wasn't too hot on them) So, as I was going to one of my patient's houses, I noticed a big Goodwill store on the way. I stopped and found a beautiful pair of navy blue Bandolino pumps a pretty pair of white Fioni sandals with low heels and a nice white pullover. I got them all for $13.50 and took the one pair of shoes I bought at Payless for $19.99 back and got a refund. Gotta love those thrift stores!:thumb:

--Michelle

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Mom and I went yesterday because of the rain today. She found a Christian Dior sweater and a blouse by same person, house slippers and a summer jacket. I believe she paid around $6.
I found four summer tops, two pairs of shorts for me and two pairs of shorts for Granddaughters. A toy that looks like a fish and has blocks, that you put through the holes shaped like them for grandkids to play with. A purple nighty.
A puzzle for .49 that hasn't been opened. My total was $13.50.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You got great deals. Our Goodwill seems to be quite expensive on most of their stuff lately. They've heard too many ebay stories and think everything is valuable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts