Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have a loved one that wears t-shirts that make your eyes roll? My eyes roll mostly because it's goofy, not because I necessarily intensely hate them. In his, um, defense these were all probably given to him. Ya, he's young at heart & that's a good thing but man sometimes I wish he'd rethink his wardrobe when we have to go some places. I've been known to step in and lay out clothes.;)

How about a grown man (61)wearing:
Spongbob~Nudiepants
Spongebob~ Chum Bucket Bar & Grill
3 Stooges~ Nuk Nuk Nuk
Popeye~ "I yam what I yam"
Got beer? with a funnel on it....

Come on, I know you all have stories to tell. Maybe it's you that wears the t-shirts with pride.:D

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I have one I use to wear that says "It's all about me".

I bought DS one that says: "Your girl is my biggest fan". Funny thing about that one is the fact that DS is shy and reserved with a laid back, dry sense of humor. Not at a bold-in-your-face kind of guy. The t-shirt is completely opposite of his personality. His friends have gotten a kick out of him having that one on.

One of DS's former friend's father had a hat that said "Bite Me". I found that one to be offensive.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We have a t shirt that all the kids have worn at one point. It's a picture of a kid blowing a bubble (gum). And the shirt says trouble maker, but we have told them all (when they wore it)that it says bubble maker. So it becomes the favorite shirt for all the kids and we always laughed whenever one of them wore it and then later when they were old enough to read, they realized it didn't say bubble maker. LOL And then they were each in on the joke on the following kids that wore it, too. But poor Matthew won't have anyone to giggle at. So I might make it into a little pillow. I can't let the bubble maker t shirt go.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've always been the one with the tshirts that said weird/funny/offensive things. I got it from my mom I think. Here are some of the ones i've owned over the years.

Me
"if you can't be a good example, be a warning" (my grandmother hated that one)
"Guess what's in my pants?" this is a spongebob tshirt
"tightest buns in bikini bottom" another spongebob shirt
"monkey bars" monkeys sitting around a bar drinking
a Hooters tshirt
"don't let them fool ya, girls love dicks" from Dicks Last Resort restaurant in San Diego

I could go on but I dont think i will lol.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well dh is not one to wear tshirts with words (he's boring like that) but I have one that says "does not play well with others" and My girls have a couple cute ones. Youngest has one that says "My Dad can fix anything" which is cute because dh is a mechanic and my oldest has one that says "I am the reason there are rules" and "If you think I am crazy you should meet my Mother". Oh and the little one has one witha rubiks cube that says "geniuis". I think most of them are fun.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My favorite tshirt with a saying is "if you think i'm a B!tch, you should meet my sister". It is soooo totally true and although i dont' wear the shirt, it makes me giggle everytime i see it in the closet!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
My son has one that says "I get my muscles from my daddy" which is funny because he's so scrawny and little.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
DH would never wear one with a saying on it.

But I have one I wear at Christmas that says "Dear Santa, I can explain......." :toothy:

And younger DS had one in his late teens that said "Grab your balls, we're going bowling." :ponder:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I bought my dh one that says "Yes, dear" because he says it to me a lot.

I have one that says "I yam what I yam" with Popeye on it.
I also have "Your village called. Their idiot is missing." That one makes me giggle.
I have one that says "I used to care but I take a pill for that now". My doctor cracked up when he saw that one.
I also have "Must have been my evil twin" and "Beautiful and Brilliant" or something along those lines.
Also "No cameras please" with Snoopy on it wearing dark shades.
I could go on also...

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I have one i wear at home saying be nice to your children for they are the one that will choose your nursing home.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I have a oversized t-shirt that reads Iron workers know how to use their equipment. I bought it at a thrift store brand new. Figured it would make a great shirt to sleep in. Anyway, one day the doorbell rings and I go to answer it. The guy at the door reads my t-shirt and asks if it is try. I look down and realize I am wearing the t-shirt. I just look at him and say "I don't know!"

lol

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I used to have a pink t-shirt in a curve hugging cut with an I dream of Jeannie type of cat on it that read, "Not just another pretty kitty"

My DH commented, "you're not conceited, just convinced"

Reactions: valerian
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.