Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got 2 new ones today.
They are light brown and are beautiful ladies.
They are definitely more lady-like than the 3 white ones I already have.

I almost cried with laughter when I put them into the coop with the other ones. I thought that I would see how they took to one another first to see if it was necessary to keep them apart for a couple of days.

Well I put the box (open top) in the coop and the brown chickens poked their heads just over the top and looked around. The most dominant white chicken looked at them as if she saw water on fire (Dutch saying). She just stared - she really had no idea what to do.
That is until the brown ones jumped out of the box and started wandering around. Well all three white chickens cornered the brown ones and started pecking at them.
The gentile ladies didn't know what to do so I have put them into a part where they can all see and smell each or whatever they want to do without actually getting pecked at.
I hope it doesn't last long.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Way to go Dutchie. I am envious with your new little ladies. Wish that I had some.

Good luck with getting everyone being nice to each other.

Reactions: Dutchie

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats Dutchie ! Hopefully they will get use to each other soon. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I want chickens!!! But more for pets than actually wanting eggs and certainly couldn't bear to eat them. (I do eat chicken but couldn't eat my own unless a dire situation)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Like trentt said, they will work on establishing a pecking order, but it is a good idea to let them get used to the idea of seeing each other a bit first, good thinking.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Congrats on the new girls!!! I would love to get a couple more. I have 3 and that is plenty for now. Have fun!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.