Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this really takes the cake. I received a bill from my ex wanting me to pay half of the kids expenses when he has them. He wants me to pay half for his gas, half for the food the kids eat, etc.

This comes from a guy who has not paid a cent of child support since November '06 and a payment was made then to keep him out of jail. I have a call in to my attorney to see what he has to say.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
holy cow, what a jerk!! Good luck. Hope your lawyer can help.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
ummm so who pays for the kids when YOU have them??is that split?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm sorry I know it's not funny but I had to laugh. I think I just heard of someone as stupid as my ex. You're lawyer will have a field day with this one.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
He either has cajones of mass proportions or is short a few brain cells. Combination of both can be fatal :toothy:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Do we have the same ex?? I hate to laugh at others expense, but this made me chuckle. Are they really that stupid?

Things like this are a constant reminder of why we got a divorce in the first place!!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Well that just takes the cake. I am a little confused as to why he things this okay.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Tell him he has to pay you 1/2 of the expenses for when they are with you! What a jerk!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ummm, tell ya what, let me have 5 minutes with the JERK! LORDY men like that need castrated!! GRRRRRRRRR!!

I'm telling you ladies, line em up and let me at em!!

kj

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
He either has cajones of mass proportions or is short a few brain cells. Combination of both can be fatal :toothy:
:lol3: :crackup::laugh::crackup::laugh::crackup: :lol3:

I could not have said it better!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I can't even believe the nerve of him!!! I hope the lawyer helps stick it to him, so that he ends up paying you for a year of back child support. I am so sorry you are in this situation! (HUGS)!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just couldn't believe it when I got the bill. In spite of eveything, I did find it funny.

Kj, I'm in need of some of that stinkeye. I know you could take care of him.

He has an order with CSEA (child support enforcement agency) but he works under the table or out of state so they can't find him. He owes me about $15,000 and asked me if I would forgive the back payments so he could buy a house. He even filed bankruptcy, but they wouldn't take the back support off.

Of course, he doesn't pay me when I have the kids. I love them and would never degrade them by asking him for half of the money when I have them.
Sometimes I just can't figure out men. This letter did not come from his attorney; it came directly from him!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Let me get this straight:
he owes you $15,000 in back support, works under the table to avoid paying what he owes and wants you to waive that $$ so he can buy a house....what a maroon. Well why don't you just co sign a mortgage loan for him too...jeesh!

I just HATE it when exes nickel and dime so that it sounds like all they think about is that time with their kids is costing them $$, as opposed to focusing on the fact they are a parent and need to spend time with their kids & pay the bills associated with being a parent. I would suggest he get a lawyer if he has a case.

Perhaps you could put a little smiley face sticker on a copy of the letter and give it back to him with a "nice try" comment written in red...kinda like when you were back in school and the teacher would grade the papers!

On another note, if you know how to reach him, can't you let the collection agency know so you can get a judgement and get some money?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Hmmm...
a few fries short of a Happy Meal?
not the brightest crayon in the box?
elevator doesn't go all the way to the top?

Sorry that wasn't nice, but I am with claimsgirl66, can they not just spend time with their children without thinking about it costing them money???

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hummm, he works under the table and wants you to forgive the owed money so he can buy a house? Well, since he's working under the table to avoid taxes and crap how is he going to show proof of income to purchase a home?

I am surprised the child support agency in your area doesnt FORCE him to get a job, I know they did with my DH when he was laid off and collecting unemployment they made him get a job or he would go to jail.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Let me get this straight:
Perhaps you could put a little smiley face sticker on a copy of the letter and give it back to him with a "nice try" comment written in red...kinda like when you were back in school and the teacher would grade the papers!
I love this idea!

What a :loser:!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You know, you can INSIST that they investigate his sources of income. If they find him working under the table, they will turn him in to the IRS. On second thought, YOU can turn him in to the IRS anonymously, or just do it and tell them he's $15,000 arrears in child support, and working under the table, not paying taxes. Let him try to buy a house when they hit him with THAT bill!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.