Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad for a Receptionist/Secretary at a furniture store about three minutes from my current job, so I applied, was interviewed, and offered the job!

It's part time, about 15 hours a week, but the pay is above minimum wage, so that's good. Most of the money I make is going towards paying off :smooch:'s debt. Once that's gone, he and I can start saving for a mortgage. :)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Congradulations!!!!! Is "smooch" getting a second job as well???

·
4,028 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the new job! :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Congratulations! Is this in addition to your full-time job? You are motivated :).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Contratulations!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Hey, Congratulations!!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Congrats :congrats:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congradulations!!!!! Is "smooch" getting a second job as well???
lol I knew that question would come up. It's good to see the girls looking out for one another. Yes, he is applying for a part time job as well. He is having some difficulty, because his only time available is in the mornings, so it's a little more tricky, but he is watching and has put out several applications. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Congratulations on your new job!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Have fun and congratulations!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: Things are going well. I have my schedule for the month. They want me to work all this week and the weekend. Then it will rotate like this:

Week 1: Work Monday and Tusday, off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Work Saturday, Work Sunday

Week 2: Off Monday and Tuesday, Work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, off Saturday and Sunday

And when I start school they're willing to give me more hours as well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations on your new job :mdance:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts