Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wen t for an interview to day and got the job..the only down side is the 30 or so min commute..im sooooooooo spoiled..im not used to commuting more than 10 min or so..but it pays 13.00 an hour and she made it sound like she wants me for perm..the lady im filling in for is on leave (has 25yrs serv) and wont give notice till dec.

im hoping to get the perm job near my house.

what do u guys think about the commute

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh i forgot its a local community college..i might take classes for free..already have my a.s.s. degree

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I think it is a good thing. My step-dad commutes 1 hour each way daily, so 30 minutes isn't too bad.

I think working for the college would be a good way to continue your education. What a great opportunity you have been offered.

Good luck with the new job.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I think it is great! I am spoiled too and never had to commute more than 10 minutes either. But for the benefits of getting the chance to further your education, I'd take it!! Good luck!!:)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I think it's great! Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Would love to be in your possition!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
My dh and I both had a 40 minute commute each way to work. Some of the guys I worked with traveled up to 3 hours one way!

Congratulations! :grball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That's great ! Congratulations !
I don't think 30 minutes is too bad....:D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think it sounds great. My dh used to drive an hour and a half to work. It was horrible. 30 minutes sounds great compared to that. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Have fun with your new job.:)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
This sounds like a fabulous opportunity! I'm so excited for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts