Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~I made my own flour tortillas last night, cut up a few halapenos and some onion, made a sharp cheddar cheese sauce and opened a can of low-fat refried beans. I layered some of each ingredient(making hubby's extra spicy) and folded the burritos closed(ends open because homemade tortillas are small, 7-8 inches)and pan 'toasted' them on each side. Served them to DH with a handfull of chips and salsa. He was disappointed when he saw what I was making but while eating them he claimed they were 'pretty tasty', which they WERE! Cost to make 8 burritos?(we ate 4 last night and half my ingredients are left for tonight!)=$1.20!~

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sweet! My DS is the same way- hates the veg meals I make a few times a week (DD is vegetarian) but he will eat bean burritos.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's great and a cheap meal too! Glad you DH liked em' :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Love it when a plan comes together.:rockon: Thats like the other night I made pinto beans, cornbread, spring onions and sliced tomatoes. My dh looked at it like What is this? but he didn't say anything. He's a steak and potatoes Texan. I noticed that he scarfed the stuff down lickety split and got seconds.:dopey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts