Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to Costco today and I went over to admire the KA mixers. DH said to go ahead and pick one out! (yes we have the money for it)

I love my husband - he is so good to me. :)

Reactions: Rebookie

·
27,948 Posts
Looks nice sitting there on the counter doesnt it? Bet you keep peeking,lol. ;)
So tell us about your new baby, what color is she? What did you make first in her? Going to buy any attachments so she doesn't grow older alone?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
You'll love it -- enjoy! :woohoo:

Reactions: starsapphire

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Woo hoo! Have fun with it! :)

·
27,948 Posts
Why? We do not have one but I'm wondering if my wife would like one,
Uhh Russ, almost every woman alive wants one & I cried when I got mine,lol. Does your wife like to bake?

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice sitting there on the counter doesnt it? Bet you keep peeking,lol. ;)
So tell us about your new baby, what color is she? What did you make first in her? Going to buy any attachments so she doesn't grow older alone?
Ah unfortunately our kitchen is not configured where I can keep it on the counter. The cupboards sit too low/mixer is too tall. She has to live in the cabinet at the bottom of our hutch so I will get a bit of exercise getting her in and out of it.

Empire red.

I haven't had a chance to make anything yet, I just got it yesterday afternoon and we are in the middle of another project at the moment. But I did take it out of the box and play with it. :D

They have a special going on right now when you buy a mixer, you send in a form with proof of purchase and get either a free grinder or slicer/shredder attachment! I'm not sure which one I want, I have to think about it.

Thanks for asking Darlene! :D

PS I am a huge dummy. I managed to scratch the inside of the bowl already. :ccry4:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I love mine and I hope you will love yours too!

·
8,714 Posts
~Russ, it simply works better and faster than any other mixer, the attachments add versatility and they are built to last a lifetime(or two!).
I use mine almost every day of the week for making breads(the dough hook takes 2-3 minutes instead of 10 minutes by hand), whipping potatoes, mixing cakes and batters, using the shredder/slicer attachment for cheese or veggies, or the grinder attachment for meats or with the food puree add-on for homemade applesauce and vegetable purees for cooking and baking. It's been a huge time-saver during canning season and I'm a very light canner!~

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Mine worked beautifully when making meringue for the first time the other day. It really was amazing compared to my old mixer :chef:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I got to say, I am a guy and LOVE mine. It mixes anything.

Russ, if she likes to cook, she will love it. Between the planetary rotation and the motor they are far better than anything else available for a home kitchen. They also have accessories that are available, everything from a pasta roller to grain grinder and sausage grinder/stuffer.

I even have an Ice Cream churn attachment for mine that works great.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've had my Kitchen Aid mixer for about a year and a half and I absolutely LOVE it, especially when I can use it with the dough hook to knead my homemade bread-SOOOOOoooo much easier!!! :teddy2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
CONGRATS!!! I wanted one for years but was picky because I wanted a pro model and at 500 that was too much for me to spend. When I finally got it I was SOOO proud. has the place of honor in my kitchen. Flour splaters and all!! may you have many happy years or cooking with it. Sausage making is next for us lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Since I have been cake decorating family members have bought me a total of 3 mixers, and all have burnt out. I recently just sold one at a yard sale the other day for $10 because it is worthless. It does nothing for me.

I would cry if I got a kitchen aid. I have friends asking me to do cakes for them this past week and I have to keep saying no. I just got a friend who asked me to do one for her today, and I said yes, and now thinking about it, I do not have a stupid mixer. Ugh.

Anyway---I would kill for a kitchen aid. Every woman would, I am sure!

I am so jealous of you!!! I want to pasta attachment when I get a Kitchen Aid to roll out fondant!!!

How much was it at Costco??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts