Frugal Village Forums banner

Got our first water bill

Tags
bill water
2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Jaded 
#1 ·
It was $3.41. Yes, that is for a whole month. We don't have garbage pickup, so that's it. I was so happy!

#4 ·
$3.41?? I am envious!

Here in the land of crooks we pay $140 for water/sewer every 3 months. This is supposedly an average across the building but it's always the same amount that conveniently makes our rent check a nice round number. Then at the end of the lease year they come out and calculate the real usage and charge/return the difference. Last year we had to pay extra. Ugh.

#6 ·
Wow I envy you, our water bill is about $75-$80 every 3 months and that's with sewer too... your so lucky! :)

#7 ·
:cheergrl: :cheergrl: :cheergrl: :cheergrl: :cheergrl: :cheergrl: :cheergrl:
Wow, I wish my water was that low. Ours usually runs about 100.00-125.00 per quarter.

#9 ·
HA! You are all so lucky!

I pay at least $35 a month for water before I use a drop for administrative fees, then it goes up from there. My lowest bill is usually about $48 a month, and when I have to water a lot in the winter (dry season), it's about $75 a month. I'd love to have a well dug, but I can't afford it.

That's one reason I'm thinking seriously about getting rid of all of the plants, and minimizing my landscape to native, drought tolerant plants.

#10 ·
WOW. ours is about $40 a month and theres only two of us, and on top of that.. i navy shower every other day and dh showers everyday, no baths and no watering the lawns. that includes garbage though.... blah

#11 ·
holy moly! thats cheap.

#13 ·
Wow that is cheap, I would be so nervous that it is a misprint. The lowest water bill we ever had was $25 with out trash removal and stuff. But for it to be under $4, I don't see how that is possible..... I am assuming that you flush your toilet, take showers, wash dishes. I would call and make sure that amount is right, could be someone printed your bill up wrong and it should be $31.40. And if that is right congrats on being so frugal with your water consumption.

#14 ·
Okay, I'll bite...How in the world is it that low?

#16 ·
I actually heard some beauty expert on the Today show once say that it's bad for your skin to bathe every day, that you should shower every other day, and just wash the "pertinent areas" the other day. I have to wash my hair every day, or it won't do anything, but I might just try that bathing every other day. Still, my bill will never be below $48. Sucks. :sigh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.