Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest is in grade 10, and has ADHD. the hyperactive part seems to fading really good but still its something he'll always live with.
Since I tried as many ways as I could to think of differnt study patterns some works at times but as he got older no way.
Can anyone help me as of the differnt ways.
I tried when he was younger- making up fake tests and fill in the blanks, main words pointed out, and pick the right letter. He finds going over it the night before ans asking himself the answers plus reviewing in the morn is not bad but lucky if he gets a 70%.
He's going to have his first test by next week.
Really appreciate anythings folks , Im stuck.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
What about reviewing the day's activities every evening then mini tests once a week or so. The trick is to get the information into long term memory. Studying the night before & the morning of doesn't do much for long term memory. Repetition, reviewing the key points of the topics discussed that day, etc. really go a long way towards making it "stick" in the brain.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heather he thinks if he takes books home every night he's a brainy!!! I said laughing a what?? lol He doesnt want to use geek lol he knows its name calling.
Last night he studied for awhile by himself, wont let me help him. If he's let me help I would help him with it and break it down even every 2nd night.
Thanks Heather, Ill try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i can tell ya from experience... having my mom there trying to "help" me study... no way... that just made it worse. i needed to be on my own... my mom there would just frustrate me... maybe he has found his way of studying... sounds like you've got a great son there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts