Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to fill out my paperwork for this spring/summer/fall. Luckily dh is off today so he can take me. The roads are still drifting really bad here and school is out again. They've gone one day in the last three weeks.

I dread this so much. I know I should be happy to have this job and I am. But I am not looking forward to working with the two dreaded employees.

Gonna stake my claim today for graduation too. I need to work day shift that Thursday and Friday. The other girl told me in August that she wasn't working the evening shift for me because her dd wants to go to graduation. NOT that anyone is graduating, they just want to go. So today I am telling my boss that I'm pulling rank and I AM working day shift those two days. Gonna mark it right on his calendar LOL. And I am going to tell him I either work it or I will take those two days off. That is Memorial weekend and she can either work evening shift or get to work 12 hours to cover the entire day when I don't show up.

I'm fully prepared to quit this year too. I am NOT taking crap off of any of them. I can make it without the job if I need to. I want to be there, but not at the expense of my health and state of mind.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good for you! Stand your ground! Be safe on the roads too. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
yup i so agree...

I really really need my job so i stay... but i have told dh that i will only put up with so much crap and then i will get done...I refuse to work in a situation where it affects my health....however i do have my limits and if they cross them well ahh.. see ya...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man the roads are a mess here. The wind just keeps blowing and drifting everything and the highway dept. can't keep them cleared. Thank goodness dh is off several days each week to drive me where I need to go!

Got my paperwork and brought it home to fill out. Also laid my claim to those two days and made sure to point out that it was Memorial weekend and SOMEONE would need to work the late shift LOL. He said fine, he'd get the other girl to do it. I even put it on the calendar. Now if he just sticks to it. She is a bully and if she says boo he gives her her way. I know for a fact that I will NOT be missing graduation, they can hash out the rest of it between them.

We are facing major cuts this year. No uniform allowance for anyone, pool closed two days a week, etc. I asked it I would be coming back on April 1 like the last three years and he said he has to wait and see how many hours they give him for my job. He HAS to have campground attendants and I have seniority so I'm hoping if there are cuts they won't affect me. Guess I will have to take whatever I get!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I hope you get the hours/days you need this year. It seems that no-one's jobs are safe. My dh works for the VA state health dept. and will be on furlough for 5 days this year. That has never happened before. He now has to pay more into retirement where as before the state paid. Also , they cut his mileage back. I thank God we have the two vehicles paid for, I just pray they get us through this year.

As for the weather, it is cold, snowy and windy here too. My kids have missed this entire week. I think they went once last week, I have lost track. We are having some cabin fever, but the kids and I have settled into a routine. I did break down and buy us a new Wii game yesterday. Gotta keep our sanity somehow!
Our roads are very icy in patches, be careful up there in WV while traveling.
BTW, I wouldn't be missing graduation or prom night either for that matter!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts