Frugal Village Forums banner

Graci Rant--MEN

Tags
graci rantmen
970 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Darlene 
#1 ·
Ladies, I love my DH; but today I would like to strangle him!

Ok...We are working on buying the new house...today he tells me before he leaves for work that there won't BE any CLUTTER at the new house. His tone of voice suggesting that this is MY PROBLEM!!!

For 2 years I have gone thru my things flinging and boogying 'til I was ready to drop. I put things away when I see them begin to pile up....I clean until my head spins. On the other hand...he seems to be filling up the empty space (CAR COLLECTION) as fast as I create it!

A few weeks ago he told me he was glad that I take care of our home. His sister-in-law and a few of his sisters have SHE issues (for those who aren't flybabies--clutter issues). If I could just get people to put things away when they've finished with them THAT would be 1/2 the battle! This morning he made me feel unappreciated.

Have I mentioned that I'm on afternoon shift this week and NO ONE IS CLEANING UP AFTER THEMSELVES...INCLUDING THE DH!!

He admitted that part of the problem was his, but in such a way as to make it a MINOR issue. Could I claim Temporary Insanity for defense? Damn...I wrote about it here...that makes it premeditated...ROFLMAO

I am stressing out and need a cigerette...I sucumbed once but am back on the non-smoking section of the wagon. Don't worry, Robin...I won't give in and light one up...but I wish I could...LOL

I'm running out of steam so I guess THAT is the end of my rant!

See less See more
#2 ·
MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their brains are often not engaged when they speak !!!!!!!!!!!!
Have pity on them and count your blessings that you are not 1 of them....... {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

#3 ·
Sounds like somebody needs to go on strike...:D

#4 ·
Didn't they tell you it is ALWAYS your mess and not the mess of anyone else? LMAO!! Hang in there.

You could always do what I did in the past and make piles for everyone. That is that when they'd leave things laying around, I made piles for each one of them so they could see just how much of it is theirs.

#6 ·
Oh you poor thing! I know just what you're going through. You could try what I do. If anyone leaves anything out of place when I am straightening up, it becomes mine. I usually hide it in a closet until a few weeks go by and then give it back. But with my advancing age:) and lack of memory, I am forgetting. Just the other day, one of my daughters asked if I had seen her brown sandals, and I said no. But I have a vague memory of picking them up from under the dining room table (how do you kick off shoes while you're eating, and not remember to put them back on). Unfortunately that's as far as my memory goes, I hid them, but I don't know where! Oh well, that'll teach her!

#7 ·
I'm a thinking - STRIKE!!!!!

I did that once for a whole week, I even made picket signs "this mom on strike". That was when my oldest kids and dh just didn't get it!! I was working full time, keeping house and taking care of a very sick mother who was like a baby. Going on strike was the best thing I ever did.

My kids still remind me and everyone else of the time went on "strike".

It proved to them though that I was mom but also a person and I couldn't do everything.

Hang in there, but designate!!!!!

And AMEN to everything Lori said!!!! :D

#8 ·
Graci~I think you should go on strike. Darlene's hammock looks like a good place to go and relax while curled up with a good book!!!!:) Hey, maybe Darlene could rent it out to all of us stressed out wives and moms!;)

#10 ·
hmsclmom said:
Graci~I think you should go on strike. Darlene's hammock looks like a good place to go and relax while curled up with a good book!!!!:) Hey, maybe Darlene could rent it out to all of us stressed out wives and moms!;)
Sounds like a plan, but I'm not cleaning up after any of you!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.