Frugal Village Forums banner

Graci's Attic...or Dorri the doll

1K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Michelle 
#1 ·
Well ladies, I've decided to try doll making for a living. I designed a yarn doll that seems to have people falling in love with her.

My dh wants me to see about a patent before I start selling her on the internet. Right now I have 2 orders (local) and a friend is taking Dorri to work with her to see if she can get me some orders.

I'll let you know if Lydia floods me with orders after I talk to her Monday. I'm soooo excited. Well...I'm off to find out about patents.

wish me luck!

#2 ·
Wow, sounds great!! I'd love to see Dorri some time!! Good luck with your newest venture!

#3 ·
I'd love to see her too !
Good luck !!!!!!!!!!:D

#4 ·
Take a picture when you can, and good luck! You know what they say...do what you love and the money will follow!

#10 ·
Go Graci, you can do it! :fdance:

#13 ·
Thank you guys...I did some reading last night on patents...looks like we'll have to hire an attorney as it is tooooo easy to mess up. I'm gonna do a bit more research. You ladies would love her!

#14 ·
:yippee: Good for you Graci! Keep us updated on your project please.:)

#18 ·
Meeeee Toooo (sells like hotcakes)...I'd like to see my dolls be collectables...sigh...dreams...what would life be like without them?

:D

#20 ·
locally 40.00 but I think I could get more for them. My sister called her a "work of art"...She's handstitched and embroidered.

It takes about a week to make her. I make the doll and hair from yarn. I back stitch her hair on, so she even has a part. I had to make the pattern for her clothes myself, cut and sew everything by hand. She has beaded fringe and I even made a hat for her. I wish I could post a pic, but I can't until she is patented.

I want to show you all soooooo much...this is killing me!!!!

#21 ·
That is a lot of work!! She sounds very pretty! I bet you could get lots more for her. Have you concidered Ebay? or FV's auction? Or the Village Square? We can't wait to see her, but I understand completely about the patenting process. The very best of luck!! :hugz:

#23 ·
That sounds so wonderful!! Good luck and please let us see a picture of her when you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.