Frugal Village Forums banner

Graci's Frugal Tip

670 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Julia Kimber 
#1 ·
Ever have a ring become too lose to wear? If your weight fluctuates (like mine) you don't want to take your ring to a jewelers to have it cut down. Finding ring guards that won't damage your ring is becoming even more difficult. Infact, in my area the only place I know that carries ring guards is at the jewelers and you know they are going to recommend you have it cut down.

So I had a couple of choices... don't wear it--leave it in the jewelry box ... have it cut down or buy a ring guard...NOT!

I have an inexpensive solution. It takes a little practice and anyone who does crafts has this tool in their supplies -- a glue gun!!

Heat the gun up and squeeze out enough glue to cover the inside and outside (at the bottom of the ring). It doesn't take a huge amount and with practise you'll use less glue. Once it begins to cool you can shape it a little better. This solution has to be replaced about every 7-10 days. But now I can wear my ring instead of letting it gather dust!

Graci

#3 ·
Glad to help!
Graci

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.