Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's at least one other grad student here. Any others? Ph.D. students in particular??

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I've been wavering between going back for my doctorate or just going for the principals certificate. If I do the doctorate, it will be in educational technology.

What are you studying?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mass Communications. More specifically: Psychological effects of media technology. I'm interested in computer-mediated communication with others such as social networking sites, and ... messageboards!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Cool...so in a strange, very 6 degrees of separation type of way, our fields would be slightly related. :)

People are starting to use blogs, message boards, etc. in the educational world. As a way, not just for students to communicate with each other, but also to communicate with their teachers.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm finishing up my masters in Teaching and Leadership this May. then DH is getting his in curriculum and instruction and then I'll get another one in administration, eventually.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am half way through an MBA with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and Global Management. In a couple years, I am thinking doctorate of business admin hopefully from MIT Sloan or Harvard. Very tough to do part time but I have a professor friend who keeps encouraging me and telling me I can do it.

Very challenging as a full time working single mom but I prioritize time well!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm currently finishing my Masters. I don't plan on going into my Ph.D at the moment, but you never know what might happen down the road. I salute anyone who does their degree while working...I did my trials while in school full-time, then wrote my thesis while working full-time and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm halfway through a Master's in Education. My undergrad degree is in Business Administation. I design corporate learning systems with a speciality in e-learning.

I just got laid off, so now I'll work on my degree full time. I hope to have it completed by the end of the year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I USED to be a graduate student....................got my doctorate 26 years ago, lol. So that doesn't really count.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts