Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I don't condone marking other peoples property I have gotten a smile out of some that I've seen. I was driving home from the market today and came to a railroad bridge and written there was "I smell bacon" and "I love sheep". Wonder about the stories behind this stuff. They repaint but those 2 sayings are always there.

Any funny/weird "art" in your travels?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
there's a bridge by my mom's that someone painted "watch the road" on. Probably painted over by now. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
For years this was spray painted on a wall along the 210 fwy--Van Halen Country!! Since the brothers grew up in this area, but it has been gone for awhile now and i always look to see if someone put it up again.. i actually kind of miss it. i guess the fan who did that has moved on.. heheeee

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
"Will you marry me, Beth?" is written close by and hasn't been painted over for years. It's on an overpass. Makes me wonder if Beth thought that was cool/romantic.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
There are several ways to get into and out of the city. One highway road leads you past this huge green frog someone painted on a rock. It's pretty neat!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
The best I ever saw was Kilroy was here on the side of an old heavy machinery(can't rememebr the name of it) at the rail road crossing but it has been gone for years.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I don't know about the "I love sheep" one but I have heard "I smell bacon"....I heard it on my brother's CB once and asked him about it, he said slang for cops is "pigs" so when other truck drivers see a cop they will sometimes say"I smell bacon" to warn others....too funny.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
When i was a child we drove out on Kiger Road with my parents and I saw, sprayed in huge letters on a bridge" Independence sucks".I knew we lived in Independence, but couldn't figure out what the sucks part meant.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just thought of something else.While driving on the freeway to my In-laws, there is a hill and someone carved out a smiley face in the grass. Someone must maintain it because it is never grown in. We always look forward to seeing it. I should take a picture of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts