Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago my mom and sister bought me a bathroom vanity for my 20th wedding anniversary. It has a granite countertop.

Are there any homemade cleaners that will not pit the granite? What works best for you?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured I would add a pic. We still need to finish painting the bathroom but a little trim work needs to be finished around the tub.

My husband, our friend, and I finished this at 2:30am Christmas Morning! I bought the faucets with a stipend the county gave us employees. The mirrors and lights only totaled $80 at Lowes. That was our Christmas present to each other.

The paint my daughter and I found on the oops rack at Lowes, it was a $30 gallon of paint and I got it for $5! Score!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Granite is easily damaged by any cleaner that is acid-based, but it is not too complicated to make homemade granite cleaner from a few common household ingredients. Mix up a batch and pour it into a spray bottle and you'll soon be cleaning your granite countertops for pennies instead of dollars.

Here's how to made Homemade Cleaner for Granite Countertops:

1. Pour 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol into a bottle.

2. Add three of drops dish soap and swirl gently to mix.

3. Fill the bottle slowly with tap water, letting the water hit the side of the bottle to reduce suds.

4. Attach the spray top to the bottle, screwing it tightly to prevent leakage.

Use daily to clean your granite countertops. Wipe up spills as soon as they happen to prevent sticky buildup and stains. Goodluck! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.