Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MY GOSH - I haven't colored my hair in a little while (trying to give it a little rest as you can see by my roots - aaaggghh) I colred it last night and while I was putting the goop on I noticed a little cluster of gray hairs right at my forehead!!! I guess I am a woman now!!:(  My mom started dying my hair when I was three cuz she wanted a blonde daughter - its been blonde my whole life except for a stint in high school when it was pink!!:D  No body even knows my real color - not even me!! and evidently its going to be...GRAY!

My mom is 84 and has maybe a half a dozen gray hairs! Guess I am taking after my dad.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Kimmee, I say don't sweat the small stuff and that is definitely small stuff.

Gray hair is a sign of wisdom. Just remember that has you find more and more. :toothy:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
All the females in our family went gray early........I was 25 when I found my first gray hair!:eek: Of course my Dad and all the males in the family didn't get gray until they were in their 70's!:confused:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I've had gray forever it seems. I'm looking old and feeling old. :toothy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have grays too!

kimmee said:
OH MY GOSH - I haven't colored my hair in a little while (trying to give it a little rest as you can see by my roots - aaaggghh) I colred it last night and while I was putting the goop on I noticed a little cluster of gray hairs right at my forehead!!! I guess I am a woman now!!:(  My mom started dying my hair when I was three cuz she wanted a blonde daughter - its been blonde my whole life except for a stint in high school when it was pink!!:D  No body even knows my real color - not even me!! and evidently its going to be...GRAY!

My mom is 84 and has maybe a half a dozen gray hairs! Guess I am taking after my dad.
Ahhh... the age-old dilemma. To dye or not to dye. I am going to try Revlon Ammonia-Free Colorsilk today. But it's waaay too much work, if you ask me. Believe it or not, hair coloring is on my schedule for today. Have to look youthful when I go to work, ya know. :yeah:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I'd dislike colouring my hair all the time more than the grey hairs. Why don't you let it grow out and see what you look like al la au naturel. You might like it, it'll be way less trouble and it's healthier (no chemicals going on your head every month).

I dare you to be yourself. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Don't dye my hair and they are coming in more & more.Heck I've been living life and if I get to the point where they bother me maybe I'll do something about em. Truth be told I like the way they catch the light. ;)
Hope you find what makes you feel comfortable.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've got lots of grey hair! When Patrick was born I kind of depressed alot about it....but now I feel ok with my hair and Pierre thinks I am pretty with my grey hair. lol ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ageism

forestdale said:
I'd dislike colouring my hair all the time more than the grey hairs. Why don't you let it grow out and see what you look like al la au naturel. You might like it, it'll be way less trouble and it's healthier (no chemicals going on your head every month).

I dare you to be yourself. :)
I do understand your point. I actually have not colored my hair for a while and when I did it was only a rinse. This is the first time I used an actual dye. And I don't intend to use it every month. Just wanted to try it. I'll go back to my safer "rinses" after this. I'm afraid of the dye chemicals too.

I admire and am grateful to those brave women who dare to be themselves, because they are the ones who perhaps will change the way society views "old" women. I like creating the mystery though. It always keeps the guessing alive, particularly when it may not be to my advantage to look "grey".

Dierdre
:purpcat:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't underestimate the power of doing things cuz it makes you feel better - THe old saying "if you are upset with a person or genuinely dislike them - look for and give them a gift and see if it changes how YOU feel about them " applies here.

This is something I have always practiced and I have the kids do it too!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Well, I have to admit that me and Miss Clairol are good buddies! I only color my hair about 3 times a year and keep it close to my natural color so the roots are not so obvious. I have also noticced though that I am about 1/3 of the way gray now without haircolor of some sort and I just do not deal with that well. I think it goes back to seeing my mother go gray and it looked horrible and made her look washed out when she had half gray hair and half black hair. She now however has beautiful silver gray hair that sparkles in the sun and it looks great.:D I just want the "trip" to the total gray to be a gentle one for me so I color.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Kimmie, I have been turning gray since I was 20, I can live with that, but the thinning !!!!!!!!!! I am no so fond of. I am taking after my mother i guess. At least she never went completely bald.
What choice do we have but to look at the bright side.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts