Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks for the post for a pic of the "envelope". I just happen to have one of those in a drawer and was wondering what to use as my white envelopes don't last. I clicked on the pic then followed her blog to read "30 days of nothing". I really like her blog

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Hey thats what I do with mine!! My coupon sorter was too tiny and then the coupons stopped being useful so I used the dividers to hold cash for things I'm saving up for - upcoming events. I just sticky notes to label each slot along with the goal I'm saving for :)

Its a great idea!

·
Registered
556 Posts
im going to talk to jason about this later on today. hopefully he will go for it and we can use our bank account as a emergency fund.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I really like this idea too!! I have one of these already, that I put all of my coupons in. It has like 10 different slots, I'm thinking I can use envelopes for holding the cash and then the binder to hold the receipts... hmmmm

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Dang... what a simple idea. This is why I love this forum... all the awesome ideas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an extra one, too! Im so gonna have to start one of these! :D

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Very Cool! I currently use just plain old envelopes in a zip pouch, this is much better!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This is what we do! We have a coupon accordian binder, and we put our envies in the slots :) Works out great!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I use this too - I do a combo envelope holder/coupon organizer. One thing I do is remove and stash any "surplus" each week. In case I (gasp) lose my organizer, at least I'm not flat broke.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i had a cute fabric envelope system i got off etsy for i think 8$ that i paid for free cash i got for joining revolution money a while back.

its really cute but sadly the person making it, i dont think they were the original creator because they measured the $ bills before they sewed them so they werent big enough to hold an unfolded $ bill - i plan to make myself a proper sized one so the dollar bills fit in without folding - out of some cute scrap fabric i have. you could use a thin marker to neatly put the catagory on the front of each envie.

it was also less bulky then the coupon thing as it didnt have the thickness at the bottom from th eaccordian shape .

i also think it could be a cute gift for

anway they made a topless envelope with a velcro seal - there were 5 of those and then they fit in a slightly larger fabric envelope that had a top flap that sealed.

really cute - long lasting .

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the savvycents wallet for my envelop system. Pretty and patent leather too :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am currently using a Dave Ramsey envelope wallet, but I think I am going to try using the zippered pencil holders when they go on sale for Back to School time. I have a hard time fitting the change back in the envelope and end up dumping it in my purse. Just a thought.

·
4,028 Posts
I use the DR wallet too. I gave up trying to dig coins in and out of the paper envelopes and the clear zipper pack is just too small. So I now keep a small change purse with me and when it gets to heavy it gets put in the coin wrapper.

I'm nearing the point where I want to reinforce some of the paper folds and sides with some tape so I know I'll be looking for a replacement soon. I just need to keep it small enough to fit in my bum bag.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use one of these too! I got mine at the Dollar General for $1 and it's the best to keep track of the money. I put all the receipts in the front pocket and then transfer them to another spot at the end of the month.

I put all my change in a little change purse. I always try to pay correct change when I can and carry many small bills so things don't get too difficult at the store. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll have to remember this for when my DR envelope wallets wear out. :)

My change gets tossed in the change :jar: ... For now at least. Still working on a budget that will work for us.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great idea. I realised i have a similar little file thing at home. Im going to try using it from this pay for my envelope system. I find if i keep the money in my purse, i spend it on random stuff and therefore run out of $$.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am currently using a Dave Ramsey envelope wallet, but I think I am going to try using the zippered pencil holders when they go on sale for Back to School time. I have a hard time fitting the change back in the envelope and end up dumping it in my purse. Just a thought.
I like this idea.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts