Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this website through a link on a gardening forum yesterday. I think these kids are fabulous! They have some awesome ideas and a fantastic goal. I bought a couple of reusable shopping bags at Lowe's last night to use as grow bags for fingerling potatoes. I think their grow buckets and automated water system are great, too. Anyway, I hope that this is useful for someone else.

Christy

Global Buckets

·
Registered
31,548 Posts
Wow, interesting ideas! Great link. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: checkerkitty

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, interesting ideas! Great link. Thanks for sharing. :)

You're welcome! It staggers me that these kids are in high school and are thinking on such global terms.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Very Cool, thanks. I love seeing how others use theirs, I have friends in Chicago that do that on a roof. I make modified earth boxes, which some consider these as well but I do mine with square containers. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
bookmarked it too. I am very interested in starting to grow some of our own veggies this year. Just don't know what method I will be using. Something like this or raised beds.

·
21,852 Posts
Love this idea - mahalo will be pursuing it myself!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
WOW the answer to my problems That is a sure fire way to not have blight and I can expand.... I have a source for free buckets and some clay pots.

AND the water system will work for my son (who I will get the buckets from). He forgets to water.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
great idea! I think I am going to show my son this and see if he would like to do this as an "experiment" on his own. It is a great science lesson for kids. Thanks for the link!

·
21,852 Posts
Would love to do this one day - hmmm - who do I know who has these talents?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.