Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to share something that I have been doing. I bought 12 (i think they are 2 cups) container bowls (glass) with lids, actually got them at the ABC distributing online, for 19.00. I have been using them to put leftovers in. They make great single servings, I did a type of spagetti and the kids ate them like crazy. I even made a cake, cut the squares, then the jello and then pudding and whip cream in each single. They were great to just grab and go. (of course they are glass, so becareful, but much easier to clean out than plastic tupperware stuff. )I do chicken noodle soup, stew, even chinese. I put the leftover rice and then the stir fry on top. Put on the lid and stack in refrigerator. Makes everything kid friendly. It has also turned out to help me alot with my diet. I just pull out the one thing.
Well just wanted to share
Ms Louise

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good idea, when reasonably sized portions are ready to go, makes it easier to stay on track and easier for kids!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
good plan! i need to get ontop of the leftovers and this is a good idea for that

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
That is a wonderful idea. I have a few Tupperware items that would be perfect for this.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Thats a great idea! I use the small dollar store kind for my lunches - portion control but never thought about freezing them or keeping them through the week. Its kinda hard b/c my dad likes to keep eating everything until its gone, he doesnt believe in cook once eat twice. We'll eat the same thing for 3 days until its all gone and if I sneak it by him into the freezer, he pulls it out the wk after and we eat it again for another 3 days back to back - UGH! :drama: :lol:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
great idea! i pack my lunch now so maybe i should try it! thanks

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
That's a neat idea, never thought of making single size servings, might have to try that one. :)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I've been thinking along those lines too. I much prefer ceramic or glass to plastic. As you say, it cleans so much nicer. I'm slowly replacing bakeware to ceram and pyrex too.

I have to say I love the individual baking dishes. I do a big casserole, and then some smaller ones for the freezer or lunches for ds and dh who both have microwave access. I'll take 2 out for lunch here with the daycare babies. One serve 2 to 3 of the little guys, depending on what it is.

Best of all, is unless you toss it in a hot oven while frozen(don't do it!), or drop it, it lasts for ever!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Great idea! This is a great idea for On-the-Go families. Things could be easy, quick and add choices to quick menus.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i've taken leftover meatloaf, corn and mashed potatoes and layer them in the one cup glass dishes for individual shepard's pie. works great!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Thanks for sharing, this would be a great idea for taking food to work :).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Great Idea!! I had never thought of this but it would work well with me and DH's opposite schedules.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts