Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone remembers that my DH was planning to go to law school in the fall this year. We've been struggling lately trying to figure out how much we needed to save up for tuition and books for him because student loans wouldn't cover it all.

Well, we got a letter from the law school yesterday that he applied to and not only was he ACCEPTED, but he received a FULL SCHOLARSHIP for the next THREE years!!!

OMGosh, I feel SOOOOOO blessed and am so VERY thankful! I can't even realize the financial impact this is going to have and how it is going to help our future!!! That's a LOT of money that we will not have to pay back now!!!

Someone is really looking out for us! (Thank you God!)

So happy to be able to share some great news!!!

Andrea

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Wow, what fantastic news Andrea. Congratulations to your husband and blessings to you both.

Reactions: acox68

·
27,948 Posts
Wow! What a wonderful surprise!

·
19,119 Posts
What wonderful news!! Mahalo for sharing!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats! That is wonderful!! What a great blessing. Now, not to be a downer, but I do have to share...my husband is an attorney- he is very smart- did excellent in college, etc. We had a baby during his first year and we were young so he was a little distracted his first year- overall he did great- graduated in the top quarter of his law school class, but that really isn't good enough to get a decent job. Upon graduation we found that the market for attorneys is horribly saturated. Hopefully you already know this and have a plan or that it is something he wants so badly that it will be worth it no matter what. He did find a (not great paying) job, but after 9/11 when the economy tanked a little he lost his job. Again, we found the market saturated and even worse, everyone was going back to graduate school so his degree devalued even a little more. I highly encourage you to graduate in the top 10% of your class, get as many internship experiences you can and keep your mind open about where you want to live/work after graduation. He now works for a small firm and it is going ok. Better every year. But it has taken a long time- 10 years. His attorney friends are all in the same boat and many do not work in the legal field anymore. Anyways, I think higher education is always great and you certainly have nothing to lose with a full ride scholarship, but just had to share our experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.