Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, can I tell you some good news? I sold an article to a publication yesterday! I love to write, and used to sell articles, stories, etc. But then I got more and more wrapped up in my job and family, and before I knew it, years had slipped by and I wasn't writing anymore. But the family is grown and gone, and I retired this spring, so I started writing again, and WOO HOO! I got my check yesterday from the article I sent out! I just had to share this good news....... hope I don't sound too braggy. I hope to get back to writing on a more regular basis.:comp:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That is wonderful. You must be so excited. I am very happy for you and hope this is just the beginning of a new career for you.

Angel

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Congratulations!:cheer4: How exciting for you to be able to make extra money doing something you love.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Congratulations! That is awesome news!! I am glad to hear you are writing again.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
that's wonderful!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Good for you. Well done!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
That's EXTREMELY exciting! Congratulations! :clap:

·
Registered
882 Posts
That's fantastic...what kind of articles do you write?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Congrats!!! :) What kind of atricle, what publication? WTG!!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Good for you! Tres exciting!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks so much

I'm overwhelmed by your congratulations and support. I have felt such a sense of community since I joined the Village not long ago. Thank you so much for caring enough to write.

In answer to some of your questions: I tend to write articles that are personal interest pieces, inspirational, thought provoking pieces, nostaglic or reminiscent pieces. I also write some trade pieces, and occasionally foray into short fiction and poetry. I've sold some short stories and poetry, but only to little literary magazines that the general public usually doesn't read! I've also sold to educational magazines. I used to write a newspaper column. And (this might seem like bragging.... hope not...) I've won a couple of national writing contests through "Writers Digest " (but it's been a long long time ago). This latest piece was to a journalism trade publication.

So I may never be famous, but that's OK. Fame is not on my goal sheet. I was just tremendously buoyed by the fact that I could actually bring in a check again after all these years!

And, by the way, the Village blogs have proven to be a great way for me to exercise my writing. I am very grateful for this feature. For those of you who mentioned that you like to write, don't put it off as long as I did. Pursue your passion! Strange: I taught writing for years, but was too busy, too wrapped in "stuff" to pursue my own passion. I always taught my students to write about what they know, about what is around them and of interest to them. So....... with renewed vigor and your encouragement, I will write on! :tubby4:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Congratulations!! I wished I were inspired to write like you. It's an added bonus when you make some $$ doing something you like.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts