Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I volunteer there and spent my time this week unpacking and sorting clothing. The best finds, all free:
-Aeropostale jeans for DS17 in great shape
-a whole bunch of brand name (Hurley, UnderAmrour, etc) shorts and tops for DS9, which he was in dire need of
-a Hello Kitty Dress for DD6, along with 1 pair of shorts and some cute graphic t's
-for me- NWT Talbots 3/4 sleeves summer sweater, white with colored terry-cloth stripes, $69.50 new (yeah, that's my favorite find)
-2 pairs of workout capris for me, same brand/size as the one pair I have that I already love (I knew I held off buying more for a reason!)
- a plain, long black skirt, which is perfect as I recently realized I have no funeral appropriate outfits since losing weight- now I at least have a skirt on hand to pair with a blouse

Not MY find, but someone I know casually was walking around with DS9's last pair of sneakers (DCs). We had no more use for them but it was great to see someone else excited to find them for her child.

There was various other 'stuff' in there as well, but those were the best finds. I walked away with easily $300-400 of clothing (had it been new from the store) or maybe $100-150 from thrift. That place is amazing, and I love not only 'shopping' there, but also just being a part of keeping it running so that we all have it to use.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
You did great! So nice to get stuff that you can really use for free or next to free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts