Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Yesterday's News for a while now - it costs about $13 for 25/lbs. Well, I was at PetSmart yesterday and it turns out that there is now a cheaper recycled newspaper pellet litter - a different brand, might be store brand - it was $11 for 25 lbs. But, then I went to Petco (looking for a bunny pen) and just checked out their litters. They also had a slightly cheaper brand of recycled newspaper pellet litter - but the real deal was that they had the 25 lb bags of Yesterday's News on sale for $10.50, and the bags had a bonus five lbs AND I printed off from online two $1.50 coupons, so I actually got 30 lb bags for $9, which is the cheapest I've ever gotten it. Now I'm going to keep an eye on it for when it goes on sale and use the coupons. Much more reasonable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
But you are missing the absolute best part of this product..... last year I tossed the used product after scooping out the big chunk. on top of my iris..... The plants doubled in size this year. Wow. Great stuff!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Kudos to you for scooping - I just can't get into scooping which is why I don't use scoopable litter - tooooo gross for me! But I have lots of bunny poop for the yard/garden! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts