Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night they had the "Green: The New Red, White and Blue" Documentary on the Discovery Channel. It was so interesting. Thomas Friedman, the NY Times reporter traveled around and went inside the workings of many places to show how we as individual families and large corporations can make a difference in our carbon footprint.

Interesting things:

~ The amount of energy Google uses everyday to perform all those searches is astronomical. They built along the Dalles and uses inexpensive, environmentally friendly hydro-electricity
~ The eco-friendly Walmart that was built in McKinnely, TX
~ The Texas Instrument plant that was built outside Dallas, TX recently. The plant was to be sent overseas, but people within the company wanted to keep it here. So, the company made a deal that if they could build the plant and save so many millions in the process the company would stay. They did it by building "green" which has continued to save the company a huge amount of $$.
~ Who knew that when President Bush was the Governor of TX, he made his energy person go out and research wind turbines and begin the process of introducing wind energy as a viable electric alternative for the state of Texas?

Here is a link to his magazine article he also did on the subject. It is long so get comfortable. The Power of Green

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I don't get cable but I did see the special on 20/20 and Oprah dedicated her show to going green.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yep. Watched it. Very informative. Blew me away about Google.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts