Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward learning more from all of you. We sold our house in suburbia two years ago and purchased an 1800s farmhouse on 11 acres of land. Our homestead is a work in progress and we are stumbling towards self sufficiency!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the village!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
welcome. I will love hearing about the home and fixing it if you care to share. Not for sure but you May? be the first from New Hampshire. Not everyone tells where they are from.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Hi and welcome looking forward to reading your post.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hello and welcome to FV! We are glad you have joined us!

·
Super Moderator
1,958 Posts
Hi and welcome! my late DH and I did that in 1980. We wanted to be as self-sufficient as possible. Even tried making our own coffee out of chicory roots - hint - forget about it!!! And tea from blueberry leaves - that wasn't so bad.

We bought an old house on 7 acres, in the Monadnock region, and built a new house next to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and welcome! my late DH and I did that in 1980. We wanted to be as self-sufficient as possible. Even tried making our own coffee out of chicory roots - hint - forget about it!!! And tea from blueberry leaves - that wasn't so bad.

We bought an old house on 7 acres, in the Monadnock region, and built a new house next to it.
I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone! I can't imagine making my own coffee! I am still trying to accept living without Target at this point ;) Our initial focus has been on filling our beautiful barn and developing some gardens. The tiny 1827 house needs lots of work so it is a slow process. We aren't handy people, but are learning!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Village! I, too, would love to hear about your adventures on the house and land. I love reading those!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome and I can't wait to hear about your adventure as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts